Fishing Report Port Maitland June 13

gilfisher

Lines in by 745am lake was flat. We were in IMG_5700.jpg35 to 40 fow running harness just off bottom. Marked the odd fish but hardly any bait and any fish we did mark were on bottom. We boxed 2 nice eaters lost a hog at the net 🙄..plus 5 or 6 farm animals to keep us entertained hoping for gold lol...bbq chicken was the go to colour today. It should only get better from here on out in the east.🎣

thanks for report. glad to hear something from Maitland. how it public boat ramp there? it's back to normal?
Lines in by 745am lake was flat. We were in 35 to 40 fow running harness just off bottom. Marked the odd fish but hardly any bait and any fish we did mark were on bottom. We boxed 2 nice eaters lost a hog at the net 🙄..plus 5 or 6 farm animals to keep us entertained hoping for gold lol...bbq chicken was the go to colour today. It should only get better from here on out in the east.🎣

thanks for report. glad to hear something from Maitland. how it public boat ramp there? it's back to normal?
When we visited to check it out a week ago or whatever the docks were back in on the west side. Busy as usual.

When we visited to check it out a week ago or whatever the docks were back in on the west side. Busy as usual.
thanks, do you know Is there a paid ramp nearby? try to avoid stress from the queuing and parking.

Last edited:
Seen a couple trailers there when I went by..but didn't notice if the docks were in as more of my attention was on the opp boat puttering beside me. Thought forsure I was getting pulled over for the 4th time in 3 years 🙄
That’s aggressive… you have a 68 sticker on your boat?

Lines in by 745am lake was flat. We were in View attachment 4314235 to 40 fow running harness just off bottom. Marked the odd fish but hardly any bait and any fish we did mark were on bottom. We boxed 2 nice eaters lost a hog at the net 🙄..plus 5 or 6 farm animals to keep us entertained hoping for gold lol...bbq chicken was the go to colour today. It should only get better from here on out in the east.🎣
Way to go Dave, good news (y) that makes me feel like going back. I new you'd catch if they were around.
Was thinking going to Crystal for a mix day Perch and Walleye now you have me thinking back to the old haunt.(y):D

Way to go Dave, good news (y) that makes me feel like going back. I new you'd catch if they were around.
Was thinking going to Crystal for a mix day Perch and Walleye now you have me thinking back to the old haunt.(y):D
Thx Dave ..slow troll and on bottom was key...lots of guys strugglling ..at least we know there is life out there lol

That’s aggressive… you have a 68 sticker on your boat?
Yes I do derkd.. maybe I can get a refund 🤣...you would think they would just run your numbers and see your in compliance but that be to easy I guess 🙄..on a positive note I've got the routine down lol

Yes I do derkd.. maybe I can get a refund 🤣...you would think they would just run your numbers and see your in compliance but that be to easy I guess 🙄..on a positive note I've got the routine down lol
A friend of mine got at ticket on the river the other day for not having a fire Extinguisher $240.00 first boat he just bought 16' boat, never had a boat before. Had everything else except.

A friend of mine got at ticket on the river the other day for not having a fire Extinguisher $240.00 first boat he just bought 16' boat, never had a boat before. Had everything else except.
Ya its a cash grab 😡...if it was about safety they'd be checking at ramps before you launch but no..the boat turns into a atm as soon as it hits water 😎

Ya its a cash grab 😡...if it was about safety they'd be checking at ramps before you launch but no..the boat turns into a atm as soon as it hits water 😎

I could be wrong, been wrong before, you're not breaking any laws until you launch, so education is on shore, enforcement is on the water.

It's all about safety.

Personally I've overdone everything on the boat, fire extinguisher is twice the size of what is required, two waterproof flashlights, two throw ropes, 4 sounding devices, more life jackets than the boat can carry people, all sorts of spare parts and tools. LOL

I even added a removable towing bridle this year, I want to be prepared for as much as possible, either on my boat or someone else's who needs help.

Goes back to the days when I ran the North, you had to be self sufficient for the, "What the hell am I gonna do now?" moment.

@Trevor M the North is from the Bay or Sudbury to Thunder Bay, both routes lol.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, been wrong before, you're not breaking any laws until you launch, so education is on shore, enforcement is on the water.

It's all about safety.
Like photo radar for speeding lol...I agree it is about safety but it is also about the money. I've seen some pretty stupid shit happen out on the water and they were probably in compliance on safety equipment. Maybe a little more enforcement of the reckless boating and a little more educating at the ramps. 😎

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks