Perch - Sandhills Sunday June 13

Quinn

Headed out at 5:30am. Tried from 14-42 feet and only managed half a dozen keeper perch. Was the only boat at Sandhills all morning (kinda surprised). Eventually headed a little more east to Clear Creek (guessing?) where there was a pack of 6 boats in 29 fow. Caught a channel cat but nothing else. Headed back in and stopped at the silver barn on the way. Not a bite.

Haven’t really seen any boat perch reports yet but maybe that’s because everyone is having the same luck. Hopefully it picks up soon.

One of those 6 boats would of been myself @Quinn . I headed further east towards Hastings., nadda. Tried trolling for walleye and as I had some time on my hands thought check your flares PLEWES! Uh huh expired, ,pulled rods and came to shore. Remember to check BEFORE getting the boat in the water...Lol

One of those 6 boats would of been myself @Quinn . I headed further east towards Hastings., nadda. Tried trolling for walleye and as I had some time on my hands thought check your flares PLEWES! Uh huh expired, ,pulled rods and came to shore. Remember to check BEFORE getting the boat in the water...Lol

Yup, Working through everything before bringing the boat down probably towards the coming weekend.

I hate surprises. LOL

Headed out at 5:30am. Tried from 14-42 feet and only managed half a dozen keeper perch. Was the only boat at Sandhills all morning (kinda surprised). Eventually headed a little more east to Clear Creek (guessing?) where there was a pack of 6 boats in 29 fow. Caught a channel cat but nothing else. Headed back in and stopped at the silver barn on the way. Not a bite.

Haven’t really seen any boat perch reports yet but maybe that’s because everyone is having the same luck. Hopefully it picks up soon.
Thanks for the report. Going to get out this week but not sure where yet...

I was at clear creek this morning too , first boat there
We managed to get 22 jumbos , bite was really light
Packed it in at 11 am

Attachments

• CC252C1C-08B1-4F29-AE94-6A6F5BE192A3.jpeg
    CC252C1C-08B1-4F29-AE94-6A6F5BE192A3.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Thanks for the Perch reports guys. If the weather is fine tomorrow might take the boat for the first launch of the season. Try out my new FS 7. Whole new learning curve with that big ass transducer on the back.

Truly surprised u did so well as the fishing boats have been working Long Point pretty hard since ice out! Last yr I went to sand hills twice in July, both times I never marked a fish or caught anything. Even the guys fishing pickerel where getting nothing out in 65ft & plus and no marks out there either. Not sure what the limits for them guys R!? Just saying....................................!

Truly surprised u did so well as the fishing boats have been working Long Point pretty hard since ice out! Last yr I went to sand hills twice in July, both times I never marked a fish or caught anything. Even the guys fishing pickerel where getting nothing out in 65ft & plus and no marks out there either. Not sure what the limits for them guys R!? Just saying....................................!
I had my best year for perch at Sandhills last year, ever. Was hoping for a repeat this year.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks