Marina's to be Closed to Recreational Boating

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Got this sent to me about an hour ago. It is the updated legal changes to ON Regulation 82/20 as it pertains to Marinas. It seems that they are to be closed other than for repairs and placing boats at dock to await the owners when they are allowed to re-open or to support the services in sub-section 3.

I think it clears up the confusion on this item but I am pretty disappointed since most municipalities are closing their ramps as well.

1618684156169.png

this is turning into a major joke---playgrounds can NOW remain open----police are saying they will NOT do random checks of people out driving. but they still insist on closing marinas to recreational boating (its the large gatherings ya know):poop:

this is turning into a major joke---playgrounds can NOW remain open----police are saying they will NOT do random checks of people out driving. but they still insist on closing marinas to recreational boating (its the large gatherings ya know):poop:
A joke? None of this is funny. The restrictions. The protests and counter protests. The lack of vaccines available. The people getting sick. The people dying. Government at all levels playing the blame game instead of accepting responsibility for their failures just as much as they would accept the accolades were everything going exactly as they hope and planned it to be going.

:( I just found out that I have family who are currently fighting Covid, a cousin who is a few years older than me, and two of her kids, aged 14 and 9. (they live in Brantford not far from you on the other side of the river in behind the Armory somewhere.) They suspect one of the kids brought it home from school just before the break.

Got this sent to me about an hour ago. It is the updated legal changes to ON Regulation 82/20 as it pertains to Marinas. It seems that they are to be closed other than for repairs and placing boats at dock to await the owners when they are allowed to re-open or to support the services in sub-section 3.

I think it clears up the confusion on this item but I am pretty disappointed since most municipalities are closing their ramps as well.

View attachment 40393
I just looked up the regulation. It seems that the quoted section above may be from an older version. In the current regulation it says this. Reg 82/20 sec 37(2):

(2) For greater certainty, nothing in this Order precludes a person responsible for a marina, boating club or other organization that maintains docking facilities for members or patrons from operating a grocery or convenience store on the premises or from providing fuel supply, watercraft repair and servicing, watercraft docking and watercraft launching services.

To me this says that the launches will remain open, at least for now...

I just looked up the regulation. It seems that the quoted section above may be from an older version. In the current regulation it says this. Reg 82/20 sec 37(2):

(2) For greater certainty, nothing in this Order precludes a person responsible for a marina, boating club or other organization that maintains docking facilities for members or patrons from operating a grocery or convenience store on the premises or from providing fuel supply, watercraft repair and servicing, watercraft docking and watercraft launching services.

To me this says that the launches will remain open, at least for now...
It was dated yesterday as you can see in a number of the amendments in the construction section. The one you are quoting is the older version I'm almost certain but right now I wouldn't bet a nickel on anything.

Here is the link to the legal ammendments:

Last edited:
I did speak with one of the local inner bay marinas at 3 pm and they stated that they are shut down tomorrow the ramp is closed. It took 24 hours to get clarification from Ont government.

That is odd. I searched for the “official” regulations. They were dated April 15, 2021. I use “elaws” to find regulations regularly as they are supposed to be the most up-to-date. I stand corrected. That sucks. Hard to believe that folks in boats would contribute to the spread of the virus.

That is odd. I searched for the “official” regulations. They were dated April 15, 2021. I use “elaws” to find regulations regularly as they are supposed to be the most up-to-date. I stand corrected. That sucks. Hard to believe that folks in boats would contribute to the spread of the virus.
No worries, things change by the minute but the website seems to take some time...I wasnt even 100% sure the one I was sent this morning was the latest.

Not much we can do I guess. Outdoor recreational things like golf courses and boat launches really should be left open given that people are at least a few hundred of meter away from each other... and that people need some form of activity and enjoyment.

All I can do is wait quietly and wait for the government to tell me what I can and cannot do. Weird times, eh?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks