Who’s already got one ordered?

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)

Wow just read another article the projected cost is $77,000 and anther $3,300 for a prop set. Of course that's USD! 😲

Hey Derk when you get one that should make that Legend XTR 18 Boogie. You can always use your current 115 HP for a trolling motor. 🤪

I guess Merc sees a gap in the market with the shuttering of Seven Marine.

"The first outboard with a two speed transmission"

Confused What Is It GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

I was going to ask ,"So what is wrong with 7 Marine?" and then I read they have ceased production. :poop:

I always thought Seven marine was a gimmick.

"Great idea! Lets put a car engine on top of an outboard!"

Because that was not at all what a stern drive was...

Anyways, the Merc is a true outboard top/bottom. Just a freaking huge one.

Ok I'll bite on 7 Marine's innovation.

I think I'm gonna sit down, drink a Cesar, and try and reason out how a 12 cylinder outboard by anybody isn't also a gimmick. :unsure::LOL:;)

Ok I'll bite on 7 Marine's innovation.

I think I'm gonna sit down, drink a Cesar, and try and reason out how a 12 cylinder outboard by anybody isn't also a gimmick. :unsure::LOL:;)
Same could be said about the Merc i6 90HP tower of power in the 60s. Why would anyone need 90hp? my 40hp gets to the pickeral hole just fine dagnamit.

Putting a horizontal engine on top of an outboard with the power doing two 90 degree bends is just silly. At least the Merc 600HP is a vertical engine and the engine is designed to be in an outboard.

I’m sure this new V12 is designed for big Yachts probably mount 4 of them on the back million dollar boat

be funny to see it on the back of someone’s pleasure craft ski boat or something absurd like that

I actually think they're meant for big centre consoles. Those things have gotten insane. Now with the 600hp you can mount 4 of them instead of 6 400hp motors to max out the 2400 max hp rating.

Sounds ridiculous sure but those boats are like 3 mill. Ridiculous is the point.

3759FD72-2B67-4924-B386-D2BCBE17E2E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks