Amazon Braid Fishing Line

DST

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Has anyone tried the line they sell?

Google translate from Chinese ads are hilarious.

I always wanted a hard to fluff line!

1611177914225.png

Good for freshwater fishng AND ice fihsing!

1611177977008.png

Kevlar strands? Or just a supporter of more gun legislation?

1611178039230.png

For the amount of times I need to respool braid, I just go to my local tackle shop and have them put on power pro off the bulk spools. It’ll cost a few bucks more than amazon line but it lasts me on average 10 years and I have had very few failures.

Don’t mean to hijack this thread, but has anyone found any decent swivels on Amazon? Looking for some bulk options for trolling leaders/harnesses

They way these gel-spun polyethylene line work is quite different than mono. I have never used any of these cheap Chinese versions but from what I know I bet they are just a "strong" as the name brand stuff from Power Pro, Berkley or Spiderwire but not necessarily as "good". A lot of the extra technology is in how the line is braided in order to give it some of the body and handling characteristics that anglers like. The cheap stuff can be just as strong in a straight pull but be more prone to tangling and harder to tie knots. Cheap stuff handles like a spool of thread from your wife's sewing basket.

Cheap stuff handles like a spool of thread from your wife's sewing basket.

What's a sewing basket?

Years ago I said to The Wife, "I have some heavy duty wool work socks that need to be darned."

She took them all, threw them in the garbage, and said, "Oh darn." :ROFLMAO:

That conversation didn't come up again. I just bought new socks after that.

For the amount of times I need to respool braid, I just go to my local tackle shop and have them put on power pro off the bulk spools. It’ll cost a few bucks more than amazon line but it lasts me on average 10 years and I have had very few failures.
I agree. Its always nice to get good deals and save a bit, but in these Covid days when small businesses are shutting down for good, I say shop local..throw a few extra bucks to our local stores to keep them going. Amazon dosnt do you much good when you need a bunch of tackle or some replacement reels for fishing tomorrow...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks