Fall Brawl Winner

Wow ! 12 pounders ! Even one that was almost 15 lbs. ! I would hazard a thought that back when settlers first came to the region that those were the normal size and the big guys were 20 plus pounds.

August 30 afternoon offshore erieau on a light west wind my buddy Ryan landed the biggest pickeral of the season..I judged the size of the fish at 13 lbs..absolutley..ya Ryan had a great battle with the fish thrashing and thrashing on top at the back of the boat..Ya the fight was impressive then scouping it up...Ryan took a few quick photos and I released the fish..It hit a SS kevorkian up high on 3 colour lead core off the inline planer...That afternoon we easily boxed our 12 pics..nice way to finish off the season..including the jumbo..

Ya the fall brawl size at 12.86 lbs...Ryan and I can relate to that size..

Last edited:
Big girls were up high this year, the flat line didn’t disappoint when all things failed, biggest for us was around 9 which is more than big enough to go back in.

All big fish that I landed were up high.

Ask extra virgin about the one we lost at the elbow though... easily over 15 lbs biggest Walter I’ve ever seen. There are some tanks out there

It was a challenging year to fish and I loved every minute of it. 12 lbs is no slouch, honestly I thought the winner of the fall brawl would weigh more, any one else think that?

Didn't get into too many really big ones this season, (didn't need to 😁) but a couple I remember did come from right on the bottom.

Not sure if anything shallow was that big.

Not debating anyone's thought's or claims, for myself, I added an unflatteringly accurate digital scale to replace the inaccurate spring tension ones I had on the boat. 🙄😞

Sure let the air out of some "fish stories" that were getting landed at the back of the boat. LOL

I've seen pictures of some very impressive catches, so I'll say, certainly could weigh as much or more.

Ask extra virgin about the one we lost at the elbow though... easily over 15 lbs biggest Walter I’ve ever seen. There are some tanks out there
For sure! That one we lost at the boat made the 7lb one we landed look like a guppie

Attachments

• IMG_20200703_1409513.jpg
    IMG_20200703_1409513.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200703_1409560.jpg
    IMG_20200703_1409560.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 18
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks