Tough weekend at lighthouse cove

Nice work... we’re you able to troll without weed guards and/or snap weight to keep the weeds from your lure?

And, silly question... Are there ‘no fish’ to be found in the ’main lake’ this time of year (not river or river mouth)

Thanks in advance!
There are fish in the lake.
If the weather is nice enough and the waves aren't rolling, there are lots of fish to be had.
A lot of guys fish the river and river mouth that can't get into the lake due to the rough conditions. And there are a lot of fish to be had....

To be honest, we intended to only fish the lake and not in the river but there were hardly any being caught out there even by the charters. We did speak to some guys who got one down at Belle River but that was all we heard of amongst dozens of people we spoke to so we stuck to river since we were getting fish.

There were very few weeds in the river but the West wind blew a lot into the mouth Tuesday night making it almost impossible weed guards or not. We run them all the time anyway but when there is huge masses of cabbage everywhere they're not much use.

Definitely fish to be had on the main lake in the fall but finding concentrations of bait fish can take a little more work but the rewards can be great when you find them areas. Myself I prefer to stay on the lake when the weather permits rather then fighting the crowds in a congested river mouth trying avoid being bombed by big plastics from the shore fisherman.

Mouth was definitely a zoo this morning. We fished the river for the most part and the lake side for a bit. Bright colors off boards were the ticket for us went 4 for 6

I took my buddy and his boy down for a quick trip. Only on the water 3 hours.
It was VERY busy, but to be expected on a Saturday.
Got him his first muskie and it was a tiger. So that was pretty cool.
Tight lines guys

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 34
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks