Fishing Report Perch - Inner LP Bay - Monday, Oct. 5th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Tried for perch this morning fishing the Inner Bay between the Fin & Feather and John Aker's in about 8.5 or less feet of water.
No minnows to be had and we couldn't buy any worms so we used salties. Great weather and we did OK catching 18 nice keepers plus about 5 times as many rejects. Surprisingly the fish we caught were either small or fairly big with only one around 8". We never anchored and caught everything drift fishing. Winds were light N to W between 4 and 10 knots. Water temp was 57F and we fishing for about 3 hours.

Attachments

• Albert10_05_20.jpg
    Albert10_05_20.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 174
Tried for perch this morning fishing the Inner Bay between the Fin & Feather and John Aker's in about 8.5 or less feet of water.
No minnows to be had and we couldn't buy any worms so we used salties. Great weather and we did OK catching 18 nice keepers plus about 5 times as many rejects. Surprisingly the fish we caught were either small or fairly big with only one around 8". We never anchored and caught everything drift fishing. Winds were light N to W between 4 and 10 knots. Water temp was 57F and we fishing for about 3 hours.
right on Arnie----they do exist!!!!

Good catching. What do you use when you drift. Light jigs, spinners???
We were both using simple 2 hook drop shot rigs with light weights. We normally use drop shot rigs when anchored and spinner rigs when drifting but the perch were responding to moving dead bait this morning and it was hard to get a bite if you didn't move it.

Nice fishing Arnie. Also- Great photo of Albert I might add. Memories to share for a lifetime. Great fishing to the both of you. Thanks for the report. Walleyeman.

Got an email today from Ray Ferris he's got minnows
Thanks fishstalker! My neighbor passed on the same message. Assume live minnows will work better than salties. Yesterday was actually the first time I've used salties successfully.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks