WALLEYE CHOP?

I was out sitting in the boat earlier pretending I was riding them 21 foot mountains making motor noises...
Neighbours might think I’m a little crazy tho with all the screaming in between the motor noises!

My friend was in Port Stanley at 4pm sent me this video
The water that hit his windshield blew off the lake lol

Attachments

• IMG_2059.mp4
    7.3 MB
I was out sitting in the boat earlier pretending I was riding them 21 foot mountains making motor noises...
Neighbours might think I’m a little crazy tho with all the screaming in between the motor noises!

roller coaster GIF

Sitting in Glasgow for the week praying the last kick at the can. Don’t think it’s happening maybe sat if mother Erie settles down. It’s was a beautiful start to the day looking crapy buy the min. Great reports this year guys hope have a good one.
Worst year of fishing ever for me! Between covid and work and wind not to mention a whatever the hell the fish were doin I did not have fun. If i decide to stay down here i will have to trailer around I guess. Fishing out of Turkey point has not paid off in the deep water.

Hey Letsfish. Dont give up yet. I had a steller year fishing out of
Glasgow and the fish this year were bigger than last years. I would say monsters. Coupled with the Bows that were hitting as well, there was non stop action. Couple bits of advice. Start early in the morning. It should just be starting to get daylight as you are heading out to the 60 FOW. Thats where I like to set up. Always check windfinder the night before so you go when the wind speed is low and direction is right. I like to troll at 2.8 to 3 mph and down 30 feet. This was the most common depth that I cought most of my fish at. As the season continues, that depth will change. You can do this by using 6 color leadcore (30 Ft) with plainer boards or dipsies or riggers. Most importantly, listen to the board members as to which lures and colours are working currently for that week. I really like silver streak lures , mooneshine lures, RRF'S. Hopefully next year, the fishing stores are all stocked up with the lures we need. Cheers! To next year. The fish are going to be bigger and more plentiful. !

Glasgow and the fish this year were bigger than last years. I would say monsters. Coupled with the Bows that were hitting as well, there was non stop action. Couple bits of advice. Start early in the morning. It should just be starting to get daylight as you are heading out to the 60 FOW. Thats where I like to set up. Always check windfinder the night before so you go when the wind speed is low and direction is right. I like to troll at 2.8 to 3 mph and down 30 feet. You can do this by using 6 color leadcore with plainer boards or dipsies or riggers. Most importantly, listen to the board members as to which lures and colours are working currently for that week. I really like silver streak lures , mooneshine lures, RRF'S. Hopefully next year, the fishing stores are all stocked up with the lures we need. Cheers! To next year. The fish are going to be bigger and more plentiful. !
Thanks @darton
Glasgow and the fish this year were bigger than last years. I would say monsters. Coupled with the Bows that were hitting as well, there was non stop action. Couple bits of advice. Start early in the morning. It should just be starting to get daylight as you are heading out to the 60 FOW. Thats where I like to set up. Always check windfinder the night before so you go when the wind speed is low and direction is right. I like to troll at 2.8 to 3 mph and down 30 feet. This was the most common depth that I cought most of my fish at. As the season continues, that depth will change. You can do this by using 6 color leadcore (30 Ft) with plainer boards or dipsies or riggers. Most importantly, listen to the board members as to which lures and colours are working currently for that week. I really like silver streak lures , mooneshine lures, RRF'S. Hopefully next year, the fishing stores are all stocked up with the lures we need. Cheers! To next year. The fish are going to be bigger and more plentiful. !
Thanks @darton. That is why I say I will have to trailer. If I am still here I will be. Thanks again and good fishin buddy

We were in Dover Sept 31. Was a wild wind day which made me think about the old duck hunting days over in the unit office with my buddies Craig and Rob. Those days have passed now, looking forward to exploring the waters in front of Dover next year and seeing what fish we can find. Hoping the new boat takes a good blow.

Attachments

• Sept 31 2020.jpg
    Sept 31 2020.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 50
Back