Fishing Report Long Point Bay Live 09/30

East wind ... no Whitecaps... good ride in a 24' Wellcraft... one of the 3 boys rode out wake out in a 16' Smokercraft ... I am fishing (comfotably) with the other 2 boys
20180930_095606.jpg

Had another great day fishing with you @stomp, we just need to have another great day for the tournament this Saturday. It only takes 2 pike to win.
Those 2 pike we couldn’t revive will taste good. That big one actually measured 35” and I believe it weighed 9.8 lbs. A lot of our pike released today were beat up as you can see the marks on that big one.
26695497-448A-4DD4-B6D0-25A8DA0B3430.jpeg

Thanks for the report gents.

Newbie question for you: I've never really targeted pike. Do you use a steel leader? If not what line? Mostly body baits and casting spoons?

Not looking for secrets, just the basics.

Thanks for the report gents.

Newbie question for you: I've never really targeted pike. Do you use a steel leader? If not what line? Mostly body baits and casting spoons?

Not looking for secrets, just the basics.
@anonymoose I use 50lb braid with 25’ of 30lb floroucarbin for a leader. But beware of nicks in the floroucarbom near the lure. I lost 2 lures yesterday because I neglected to check??. I’ve changed from using the Rapala F18 lure to the Smithwick Rouge Perfect 10 only because of not enough colour selection. Also I like to troll, yesterday we were dragging 6 lines

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks