Fishing Report Tougher day in Burwell

JohnW

Launched from Big Otter this morning at 6:30. Headed straight out to 45' and set up trolling downhill to the east because of the wind and waves. Downriggers tight to the bottom, dipsy on #3 out 130' and leadcore out 300+. Trolled from 45 to 52 and only managed to get 3 fish to bite. 2 off the rigger and 1 on the leadcore. 2 were around 2lbs and a nice 6.5lber (released) to end our day. It was pretty windy and more than a little choppy this morning but as the day went on it did start to calm down a bit. All in all it was a good day on the water.
Resized_20180929_103155_8412.jpeg

Sounds like our last trip out except for the extra layers of clothing in the picture and a few less fish. :unsure:

Did you still mark lots of fish or are things thinning out at Burwell?

Was tossing around tomorrow, but might just pull the plug for the year.

Those extra layers were a necessity today @hvyhaul with that WNW wind it was a brisk 6°.
Still marking lots of fish but they seemed to be glued to the bottom, we also marked lots of bait...smelt possibly?
I wouldn't pull the plug yet myself on fishing Burwell. There is still lots of fish around and tomorrow is looking like a good day to get back out.
Good luck and tight lines if you venture out!

Thanks @JohnW, I helped my son move 2 hrs away yesterday, so it's up to my neighbour and me now. LOL

I had more bait on the screen last trip out than I've ever seen before. More fish were down, but there were still lots in a good variety of depths, but most of them were certainly tight lipped.

We've already discussed tomorrow, so that may well be it for the year. :cry:

Looking like I'll be checking out pick up trucks before Spring. :rolleyes:. Auto pilot might have to wait for another year.

Back