Off Topic Weekend Situation Normal Again?

hvyhaul

I get a little pity party going sometimes when I read posts at work from members on the water fishing during the week. :oops::D

Even wonder if I'm one of few still working LOL. Living an hour and a half away from the water doesn't help either.

This screenshot only seems to appear when I'm not working.

Capture+_2018-09-09-06-56-51.png

These are the highest wave heights (X2? WOW)I've seen on Windfinder to date.

I don't take many days off work, but I'm pretty sure I will be off a couple before the end of October.

I feel your pain @ hvyhaul as I get up to go to work and read that fellow fisherman have been out fishing weekdays and the lake has been calm. Then the weekend rolls around and it is a wash.

Lol I hear ya I put a carb kit and point's in my boat 3 weeks ago and seeing all the pics being brought in all week and the weekend comes and always red zone

Hey guys try using NOAAs sight for the bouys .. as of right now the smart bouy is sending ff port stanley

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=45132

Wind Direction (WDIR):ENE ( 70 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 25.3 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 29.1 kts
Wave Height (WVHT): 7.2 ft
Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 7 sec
Atmospheric Pressure (PRES):30.06 in
Air Temperature (ATMP): 61.9 °F
Water Temperature (WTMP): 69.1 °F
Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure

And another site that is deadly accurate Intellicast .com use the menu bar pic forecast and drop to wind forecast and you want to see blue iso bars I have used this site for 20 yrs and is spot on for forecasting wind speed and direction...

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/Current.aspx

Safe Boating and fishing

Yep, not even @tailfeathers will be out today (Don’t accept the challenge this time)
I cancelled my morning charter yesterday but went out early before the wind really came up. Stayed in close at 45ft bagged 2 for lunch plus a perch. Headed due north towards shore to get out of the heaviest wind didn't really help as it was howling. We did 5 knots max all the way in. The wind was strong enough to blow the tops off the waves lol. I'm very fortunate to not get sea sickness. My fishing partner yesterday used to race sailboats. Notice the string above his head straight out lol.20180908_095736.jpg

I cancelled my morning charter yesterday but went out early before the wind really came up. Stayed in close at 45ft bagged 2 for lunch plus a perch. Headed due north towards shore to get out of the heaviest wind didn't really help as it was howling. We did 5 knots max all the way in. The wind was strong enough to blow the tops off the waves lol. I'm very fortunate to not get sea sickness. My fishing partner yesterday used to race sailboats. Notice the string above his head straight out lol.View attachment 10687

You can see it in his eyes... He's in his glory, sailors just love the wind! (y) :giggle:

I will be out Wednesday morning for my B-Day. Then my Son and Dad are going to the Shriner's Pork BBQ in Tburg. Me being a fairweather fisher, it might be the last weekend before it cools down and the Shit winds blow. Time to winterize for me.

Tuesday and Wednesday forecasts look good ?[/

At first the response that came to mind was, "Oh shut up" (respectfully of course) but then I realized, my throat does have a little scratch in it. :unsure::whistle:

Just might get to be too much to deal with one of those days. :sneaky:

One reason I love shift work is never fishing weekends, and having multiple days off in a row, I seldom get completely boned by the wind. I don't know how the Monday to Friday guys do it.

I'm so glad you guys can't see my happy dance.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks