Lake O tomorrow

Bentrod

Would like to go to Lake Ontario tomorrow for some salmon. Last time I was there was in July out of Fishermans’ Pier and we were getting them about 50’ down. Any suggestions if we were to go to back to the same place? Or is there a better place? Thanks guys.

40-60 fow off of any of the western River mouths should produce some staging chinooks. You can always run offshore to 200+ fow for 2 year olds and bows of the nearshore thing doesn't work out. If your going to fish for stagers you may want to start in the dark. Have fun!

I was there yesterday with mystro Laker
We got 6 salmon and a bow

We went out of 16 mile (Oakville ship yard marina)
Marked allot in shallow stagging but no bites started going deep and picked up some nice fish 120 -160 fow
Down 70-78
Herring strip took 6

Thanks for all your help! We ended up going to Port Credit. After the excitement of a little fender-bender on QEW at 110kph with the boat behind (lot of luck there) we launched at 6.00am and trolled in 40-60 fow. We were able to bring 2 in the boat - 28” and 30” - sorry, no scale in the boat - they were dark so they went back to live for a few more weeks. 2 got tangled in another line or the boat and took off with the lures :-( And had lots of knock-offs where we could feel the fish for about 10 seconds and then they let go - no idea what that was. Spoons and body baits worked, tried a hering with no luck. Great start to the day, fighting these fish was AWSOME. And after lunch we packed up and went to Port Burwell and got 3 walleye limits in 4 hours. Great day!

Attachments

• ADACC0C4-1095-45D8-8E23-7AD881670D1F.jpeg
    ADACC0C4-1095-45D8-8E23-7AD881670D1F.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 57
I was there yesterday with mystro Laker
We got 6 salmon and a bow

We went out of 16 mile (Oakville ship yard marina)
Marked allot in shallow stagging but no bites started going deep and picked up some nice fish 120 -160 fow
Down 70-78
Herring strip took 6
what side of river is shipyard launch?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks