Fishing report Elbow August 31

Gerry Muller

Started late at 930 am, started in 53 feet, posting day before was best spot at 55 feet, 3 huge Silver bass later I was pissed. We ended up in 80 to 90 feet, lead core 8 colours back, down riggers 43 and 45 down, Dipsey we’re back 135 and other 125. What worked best for us was baby bass body bait and small Michigan stinger purples. We lost 4 at the net , we finished after lunch at 1:30. Dont you just love it whe they look at you and spit our lure just before you net them! Great day on the water. Pink panties did not produce at all. First time no worm harness. Less mess! Keep the lines tight! One big tank at 28 inch

Attachments

• EADCDCB6-5B86-4C89-8148-AE4D8737220B.jpeg
    EADCDCB6-5B86-4C89-8148-AE4D8737220B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
o_O 39 inches??? Hmm the largest walleye I caught was on Wilson Lake (Port Loring area) which was 32.5 inches and weighed 15.2 lbs. The Ontario record which is also the Canadian record walleye weighed 22 lbs. 4 oz. was 36.5 inches in length.
A 39 incher would have to be close to 25 lbs. I would think??? :unsure:

o_O 39 inches??? Hmm the largest walleye I caught was on Wilson Lake (Port Loring area) which was 32.5 inches and weighed 15.2 lbs. The Ontario record which is also the Canadian record walleye weighed 22 lbs. 4 oz. was 36.5 inches in length.
A 39 incher would have to be close to 25 lbs. I would think??? :unsure:
Yes Wave runner my bad , I Correct it it was 28 inch’s

Usually Erie Eyes are longer and skinnier compared to northern eyes which chunk up and stay shorter with more shoulders and girth

o_O 39 inches??? Hmm the largest walleye I caught was on Wilson Lake (Port Loring area) which was 32.5 inches and weighed 15.2 lbs. /QUOTE]

This post really caught my eye, one, the size and weight of the Walleye, and two a location I didn't expect to see on the forum.

Lots of relatives/friends and time spent as a youngster up in that neck of the woods.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks