Fishing Report Perch - Normandale - Monday, August 20th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Tougher this morning. I had two of my grandchildren out yesterday and we ended up with 24 keepers almost all 9 to 10 inches in about 1.5 hours of fishing. This morning I had Albert and his son with me, two experienced anglers and we ended up with 20 keepers, mostly Jumbo's however, for about three hours of effort. Yesterday the boys caught very few dinks and were throwing back 8 inchers. Today we caught either dinks or Jumbo's with very little in between. Yesterday we fished in 16 fow, today 15.5 and 17 fow roughly in the same spot. Wind NE to E yesterday, today E to SE, 5 to 10 knots both days.

Attachments

• August20_2018.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 74
I wondered how it would be with the SE wind today. I was there with my Grandkids just messing around on the pier and beachcombing . It's funny how all the boats were just lined up side by side. Normally I just see a little cluster of them. TC

Was out there as well today. Caught 34 nice keepers but landed probably 200 perch. Lots of sorting. Near the end we moved out deeper to 20 feet and found some bigger fish with half being keepers vs 1 in 10 being keepers as it was in tighter. But we didn’t have many minnows left when we went out deep and soon ran out

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks