Popcorn walleye

Looks amazing! And here I am bbq'ing chicken & potatoes, damn east wind! I'll have to dig to the bottom of my freezer tomorrow in hopes of one last bag of fish(y)

Attachments

• 1532212285850982550584.jpg
    1532212285850982550584.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 47
I have ate more walleye already this year than I did all of last year . The size of walleye are incredible eating size , not huge but fantastic filets
What an incredible fishery we are privileged to be a part of !!
looking forward to getting out again and catching more , maybe this time I can get some put in the freezer ..

Tried a new coating last night, Dredge through egg wash, then equal parts of Bread Crumbs, Self Rising Flour, and Panko. Home cut fries, and Kale Salad, it was awesome. Cooked 5lbs. for 9 people and had maybe half lb. leftover. Next time I will blend up the Panko and Bread Crumbs to make it finer.

Not a fan of egg wash or beer battered
I Like a dry coating / dusting on my fish
I like more fish than batter
But it’s how you like your fish , doesn’t matter what everyone else does

That is a great topic. What is the best batter? I have always used cracker crumbs. I find they don't burn as easily as bread crumbs.

What is in your bowl Misty? They look great.

My mixture is

2 bags of regular fish crisp
1 bag of Cajun fish crisp
2 cups of butter milk pancake mix
Some celery salt
Lemon pepper

Then I put fish in bowl
Add dry ingredients and shake
Then into the fryer
Once they come out I sprinkle more lemon pepper on them

Enjoy

This makes a big batch
Only put a little bit of dry ingredients in the bowl with the fish at a time , toss left over stuff that was mixed with fish in garbage when done
Don’t contaminate your large batch

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks