Fishing Report Burwell Thursday July 19th

hvyhaul

I got out again Thursday, (thank goodness) with my neighbour and brother in law who is coming along nicely. :)

Weird day based on details, results were great. Three person limit +plus, sun, minimal waves, NO BUGS, and a great time for all.

Details.....

Started in 58, wandered around various depths, everything appeared shallow, 35 ft and up.

Starboard vs Port, starboard sucked and completely under produced. Thank goodness for port. :eek:

It was a sunny day and yet UV lures out produced standard lures by far. RRF batted 0 once again.

Most "go to" lures were lackluster, new (to me) glo Warrior Flutter Spoons show promise. Orange Crush a standout producer once again.

I picked up a number of Anti Freeze spoons over the Winter, (no pun intended) they seem to work when things get tough. They worked when everything else had gone cold, again.

Out Starboard dipsy 3, black dipsy, various lengths back, a variety of spoons = zero, ziltch, nada.

In Starboard dipsy 1.5 copper, various lengths, variety spoons, 2 walleye, 1 undesired

D/RIgger 33 - 40 down, 30 - 100 back = 1 walleye, slider = 4 walleye

L core, 5 colours = 6, 4 walleye, 2 undesired

In Port Dipsy 2 black, various lengths back = 6, 4 Walleye 2 undesired

Out Port Dipsy 3 purple, various lengths = 7, 6 walleye 1 undesired

Here's the cooler after the BIL took his six home...

071918box.gif

There are only twelve in there, all overs and undesired set free.

And here's my grandson finally getting the nerve to stand beside a very nice Walleye.

ethan1.gif

Easing him in gently, he's not very impressed with fishing so far. :)

Hopeful for years to come.

Last edited:
Nice report, thanks for the info.
When you leave Burwell were you fishing east or West of port? Or does it matter ?
Thanks

Seriously, I go straight out, look to see where the pack is located, and then go where it isn't.

It varies from trip to trip. Mostly trend towards the east? (sandhills way) as there are the least boats that direction.

There are lots of fish out there, and lots of water to search. I can usually find what I'm looking for without worrying about getting too close to anyone's lines.

Last edited:
Hi Bigdogdallas- We were out also on Thurs. and got a 2-man limit. Best advise I can give you is- Avoid The Pack!! Head to 58ft. and start south of the Port. Work your way out from there. Good luck my friend and be safe! Walleyeman.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks