What are your favorite troling rods and reels

4E6815B6-7F29-4040-A012-98E0BF1D9C23.jpeg33AF99F9-ECAB-4E9C-A90D-E82610A3EEE0.jpegThis is what I use
Perfect (in my opinion) for Erie
Light rods with some backbone to them for the larger fish

Okuma connector reels
I use them for salmon...big handle, smooth drag .
I use
okuma leadcore rods

Okuma dipsy rods ...i have 8'6 &9'6 prefer the longer ...nice bend ...easy to release dipsy lots of strength and backbone (landed 19lb king today)

Rigger rods
I use ugly stick 9' lite action 12-20lb rods ...metal guides....( 10, 16, &21 lb salmon this week)
Great play /action with fish....easy to see hits or shakers on line (dont like okuma rigger rods ...too stiff )

Just my 2 cents.....hope it helps

I use fenwick steelhead downrigging rods. They are nice and light and even a 2 lbs walleye will give u a fight. I use the Abu Garcia 6500l linecounters. I refuse to use dipseys as catching a walleye on them is no fun at all. I use planet boards with different sizes of tadpoles and use Berkley planner board rods with the same Abu Garcia 6500l counters.

Someone on spoonpullers has a bunch of tekota 600s for sale at a dcenr price.. if you want to spend the money to get the best linecounters you can right now.. I really wouldn't worry about buying used tekotas

My rods are walker twists and this year started running rapala erie core since the walkers are hard to find. The first 4 guides from the reel on both these rods twist around the rod getting the line running on the bottom of the rod and preventing the rod from wanting to twist in your hand while fighting fish. They both have served me well and the rapalas are very affordable. Daiwa lc47 for the riggers and dipseys. Penn 309Ms for my 10 colour setups and 209Ms with micro lead for other leadcore setups. Just started using the micro lead this season and its awesome, doesnt pull as hard in the water, fits on a smaller reel and seem to get more fight out of the fish.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks