Fishing Report BRUCE WALLEYE July 12th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Tried Bruce this morning with Darren and it was a gorgeous day to be on the water. Never marked a lot of fish through 40-55 ft. and beyond that was a blank screen so we just picked around getting 11 walleye and 1 jumbo perch while dropping 1 walleye back in the water. Darren was talking on his cell phone so thought what the heck I'll just hand bomb him over the transom.:rolleyes: Then they shut off completely and could not catch another for the 2 man limit so headed home happy anyway. :happy:

Blue berry muffin, purple greasy chicken & pink panties SS spoons on Dipsies back 78-88 ft. caught all fish except 1. That was the perch on a Red Fin gold/black which was the only hit on the riggers, they stunk today! In fact so bad I pulled them in using just the Dipsies for last couple of fish. :confused:

IMG_1434.JPG
IMG_1433.JPG
IMG_1437.JPG
IMG_1438.JPG

A old fishing buddy and good friend also went out of North Erie Marina 2018-07-13. Beauty of a day on the Lake. We landed 2 pics over our limit and released the last 2. All fish caught in 40 - 45 ft of water. Most of them caught with lead core out 8 colours useing ripplin red fin blue and silver. Caught a few off the downriggers down 40 ft useing NK spoons. I don't know what my speed was as my GPS is not working. So i just went by the bubbles on my rigger wire. First day in a long time we caught only pics and nothing else.

The only lure that attracted a little action off the riggers at Burwell yesterday was a Mooselok Thin Fish spoon down 30' that I used to fish for landlocked salmon when I lived in Quebec. The bait is a super light silver/blue flutter spoon that has caught walleye off the riggers on tough days before. Last year when we fished the Lighthouse area of LPB for walleye it actually caught 9 of our 11 fish. I've never seen them for sale here in Ontario but I'm pretty sure one can find them on-line.

@Duck Soup... A Mooselook Thin Fish spoon, wow that's been around forever but I have never tried one before. You can indeed get them online Arnie at Cabela's Canada or www.williamslures.com. They sell them in several colours including the blue you described. If memory serves me right I've seen them since I was a kid but always thought that Mooselook wouldn't catch much. However after reading the post of the fella catching a walleye at Glasgow on a doctored "Betty Crocker" spoon out of his wife's dinner set nothing would surprise me. :D

172730-221120.jpg

@Duck Soup... Sorry Arnie my goof up when I copied the photo from their website I accidently mixed it up with their Wobbler spoon instead of the Thinfish. This is correct one that matches yours and the colour is #47 Candied Ice. Funny thing I noticed is the colours are reversed from the one you have. I can see this one working on Erie but the Wobbler looks more like for ice fishing to me. Anyway it did the job on the riggers for you and I couldn't get a hit on anything off the riggers the other day but I didn't have one these. ;) :)

1531570980314.png

A old fishing buddy and good friend also went out of North Erie Marina 2018-07-13. Beauty of a day on the Lake. We landed 2 pics over our limit and released the last 2. All fish caught in 40 - 45 ft of water. Most of them caught with lead core out 8 colours useing ripplin red fin blue and silver. Caught a few off the downriggers down 40 ft useing NK spoons. I don't know what my speed was as my GPS is not working. So i just went by the bubbles on my rigger wire. First day in a long time we caught only pics and nothing else.
I was straight South of NEM

Popped into Grimsby Tackle today, they had a small display of Mooselook spoons.

20180714_121829.jpg

So it might be possible to order what you want through them. I never asked.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks