Fishing Report Port Burwel July 8 am

Bentrod

Checked the weather sites late on Saturday night, looked too nice to stay home, launched out of Big Otter at 6.00am, not too busy, a bit wavy but not too bad, had my limit in 3 hours. 5 nice eaters and 1 bigger at 28”. Ran 2 dipsies 85’ to 110’ from 36’ to 50’ straight out of port. Orange/black with copper back spoons and blue/silver Redfin. Definitely not as busy as they said on Saturday but still lots of boats. Wed/Thu looks good again.
Thanks to everybody posting in here, it gives me confidence to come back!

Attachments

• FB7EFB80-BC17-4754-A50F-7511D5CB207E.jpeg
    FB7EFB80-BC17-4754-A50F-7511D5CB207E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • 51A55425-CECB-4D2A-BB12-187F1D8542AA.jpeg
    51A55425-CECB-4D2A-BB12-187F1D8542AA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
Nice catch, I was thinking of doing the samething and running just dipseys till I can get my downriggers set up! lots of boats out Sunday as well. We went for perch by sandhills but we had two gentlemen that got sea sick so we went back in lol!

I am there with you, puts a damper on your day. Wonder if waves calmed down in the afternoon. We went to Grand Bend for the afternoon and the lake was glass :)

Ya it made it a real short day on the water, need to be more prepared next time have some gravel on board. Grand bend is a great place to go, I usually go out of kettle point with the father in law for smallies

I keep Gravol in my truck, I ask everybody to have one before we leave London :) had too many surprises.

Gravol, always a box in the boat's glove box as a few guests have only had land legs.

Erie was very different from where they usually boat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks