Burwell Limits

rewired

Blue and silver RRF on the leadcore. 250 to 300 back out the sides. Did manage a few on the riggers. Same thing blue and silver RRF down 35 with longer leads up to 200ft.

Attachments

• 20180707_101522.jpg
    20180707_101522.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 128
  • 20180707_123941.jpg
    20180707_123941.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 130
  • 20180707_123951.jpg
    20180707_123951.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
It sure went stagnant for a few hours @misty river. We heard on the radio that everybody was struggling... except those further west of Burwell.

We headed straight to clear creek first thing this morning. Found the perching a bit slow but quality made up for it.
Decided to head back at 1030 and set up in 48 ' at sand hills. Heard the chatter about them shutting down but quite honestly we were have a constant bite with a few doubles and a triple in the end. RRF on 5 colour was the ticket but dipsy / spoon also produced.
Great day!
Also a shout out to NEM for the vast improvements in launching facilities and keeping the circus under control.
Cheers,
Moo

When y'all day RRF that's rippling red fin right? Aren't there a bunch of different colors? Or didn't that make a difference? Can't wait to see some of my green fade! Lol

@hvyhaul the bite started slowing down (for us anyways) around 9:30 then by 10:30 nothing except a few silvers. Then they started to cooperate shortly after noon.

Yes @Waldo peters RRF is ripplin redfin. Last year the colour didnt seem to matter for us but this year I havent had a fish on one yet it's been a spoon bite for me so far. As for the colours they have a variety. Black and gold,blue and silver,perch,bloody clown are all good choices.

When y'all day RRF that's rippling red fin right? Aren't there a bunch of different colors? Or didn't that make a difference? Can't wait to see some of my green fade! Lol

ripplinredfinrrf.gif

@Waldo peters , RRFs, last year's strongest producers for me overall, Gold/Black, Chrome /Blue and then a mix.

This year so far, Nada, but I hear some are having success so I will be adding them again.

Lead core is my Newbie zone right now, always trying to learn another angle or method for success.

Last edited:
Bite was good early but slowed.
Worm harnesses, spoons, and a couple off RRF

Attachments

• IMG_6277.jpg
    IMG_6277.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 14
Out with my brother and nephew yesterday, only managed 14 but my nephew caught a 10 pounder. It was a slow start, but picked up after a bit. Nascar spoon was working yesterday. Wednesday it was silver and black RRF.

What time of day was the best bite?

Saturday morning for us it was an early bite. Three person limit and heading in around 930.

Neighbour got 38 ft of an intended 65 ft set back on the first lure in the water and had our first Walleye on.

Most times out, fishing is better early and then slows down as the sun gets higher and starts beating down the lake.

Leads start at a whatever length and then as things slow down, leads get longer to try and compensate for the change.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks