Fishing Report Port maitland tuesday

gilfisher

Late start ..lines in by 1230pm...2 eyes 3 bows 1 coho...and lost a nice coho at the boat..70fow...running baits between 35 and 50 ft down...watermelon harness and nascar spoon did all the damage...had lines out 20180703_152800.jpg20180703_140732.jpgby 3pm..the heat was brutal to say the least

Forgot to mention..seen a couple tugs coming in when i was going out...and i found there nets out running north to south approx 5 miles out slightly southwest of mohawk island..be careful out there...the were very well marked...but be aware

Forgot to mention..seen a couple tugs coming in when i was going out...and i found there nets out running north to south approx 5 miles out slightly southwest of mohawk island..be careful out there...the were very well marked...but be aware
Thanks for the heads up!

Was Perch fishing on the east side of the rock pier yesterday Gilfisher, you must have went out while we were there.
Lots of small Perch not many decent keepers, took 20 home. Wish we had minnows Flats and the other guy didn't have any.
All we had was a few frozen ones that I had saved but they were soft and not good. I was jigging a Buck Shot spoon catching them.
We were baked when we got back to the launch. Still feeling it today, that sun was brutal.
Great start Gil, I think my next trip will be for Walleye.

Was Perch fishing on the east side of the rock pier yesterday Gilfisher, you must have went out while we were there.
Lots of small Perch not many decent keepers, took 20 home. Wish we had minnows Flats and the other guy didn't have any.
All we had was a few frozen ones that I had saved but they were soft and not good. I was jigging a Buck Shot spoon catching them.
We were baked when we got back to the launch. Still feeling it today, that sun was brutal.
Great start Gil, I think my next trip will be for Walleye.
Yes dave seen a pack of boats on the way out....got out again today 730am till noon..went with the same program..we boxed 2 eyes ..let another go cause it had ugly tumors on it...3 coho..and 1 bow..lost a few bows at boat ..i had first mate issues my wife lol...the watermelon harness did most of the damage down 45ft...in 70 fow...im surprised on how many bows and salmon that are in the area .surface temp is 74 ..but the bottom temps are cool.tops 52 degrees...so i guess they liking the cool bottom temps...the eyes should start picking up soon

is it the rebel models that have the skinny gunnels?
Yes i think 3.5 inch..not like the pro V's...it does me well..i dont run down riggers tho..was going to rig them up but with all the hardware and brackets etc..i felt it would take up to much room..

Yes i think 3.5 inch..not like the pro V's...it does me well..i dont run down riggers tho..was going to rig them up but with all the hardware and brackets etc..i felt it would take up to much room..
I used to have a 2013 1875 impact and the gunnels were fairly thin compared to my 2075 Pro v. What I did is I used Cisco Brackets with a 12” piece of Burt’s track on them. No holes needed and doesn’t take up any space. I was able to run mag 10s and rod holders on it no problem. Not recommended that the downriggers are strait out the side though.

I have the rebel xs with sport trac use the brackets and mounted my riggers right to trac. No problems. Limited in my ball weight but I can live with the blowback

buckshot spoon sounds familiar, well done Dave
Dave
Yes it does Dave. I use the Buck Shot on the Harbor Walleye ice fishing, can't believe the fish that thing will catch.
Almost makes me fish without minnows. May give it ago jigging for walleye out deep this summer. Be alot more fun than trolling.

Yes dave seen a pack of boats on the way out....got out again today 730am till noon..went with the same program..we boxed 2 eyes ..let another go cause it had ugly tumors on it...3 coho..and 1 bow..lost a few bows at boat ..i had first mate issues my wife lol...the watermelon harness did most of the damage down 45ft...in 70 fow...im surprised on how many bows and salmon that are in the area .surface temp is 74 ..but the bottom temps are cool.tops 52 degrees...so i guess they liking the cool bottom temps...the eyes should start picking up soon
You make me want to head out now Gil,:finger: thanks for the report. Has Winger been out I think he's on this site don't know his handle.

Fished Port Maitland last night from 6:30-9:00, 2 eyes and a big dirty laker, first laker off a harness for me LOL. Fished 65-75 fow, missed quite a few short bites and dropped a couple fish. Heat was almost unbearable even as the sun was setting, still a beautiful night on the water.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks