Burwell today

JohnW

Went out of Big Otter Marina this morning with some beauty looking minnows and would you believe it the lake was flat as glass the entire time we were on the water. The fishing was pretty slow! We started out at the sandhills in 40-45ft managed to catch a few perch just not quite big enough to be worth keeping. Moved to the silver barn managed a few nice jumbos and a monster farm animal. Did anybody happen to come across any decent numbers today? From what i heard guys saying back at the launch is that it was slow everywhere.

Fished Sandhill's today also. Solo. Was a slow bite, no big schools. Picked away, got 28 nice ones from 10 to 3. Light bite, drop shotting minnows. Needed 1oz plus of wt. strong current to the east today
IMG_20180616_1145357.jpg
IMG_20180616_1845305~2.jpg
IMG_20180616_1051466.jpg
Lot of smelt? Going by

Last edited:
slow for me out of burwell also. went as far east as the end of the windmills, got some nice perch there - but no numbers. stopped at sandhills on the way back and got a few more. plenty of current today like you said. managed to bring home a dozen and a half nice fish.

Have a question ... .has anyone dumped there cooler from perch fishing in burwell and discovered little white worms half inch long in the bottom of there cooler ? And they are alive ?

I
Have a question ... .has anyone dumped there cooler from perch fishing in burwell and discovered little white worms half inch long in the bottom of there cooler ? And they are alive ?
I noticed them things too. I right away took it as fry of some kind they might have been eating. ?...i Didn't notice if they were worm or alive for that matter. My fish came from pottohawk are

alot of the walleye in d river and stclair have white worms too this spring and early summer.

Fished Sandhill's today also. Solo. Was a slow bite, no big schools. Picked away, got 28 nice ones from 10 to 3. Light bite, drop shotting minnows. Needed 1oz plus of wt. strong current to the east today

We noticed a big current as well today. For a moment thought my anchor had give but we going against the wind...lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks