Port Bruce Perch June 15th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Launched at NEM with 3 big scoops of nice fat emerald shiners at a little after 6 am to give it another whirl. Results were not much better than last outing but was a beauty day to be on Erie with some fishing buddies. Fishing was spotty all over but 32 ft. produced most of what we caught which was around 40 fat yellows between 9-12 inches with only 2 throwbacks. If those fat perfectly sized NEM emeralds won't coax them into biting my hooks I don't know what will. Did not mark much to get excited about either. By the chat heard on the radio most were doing about the same or worse as one guy said he only caught 1 goby. (n)

The great thing about retirement... there's always another day to spend at the fishing office doing a job I never get bored with. :)

thanks for the update @Wave Runner. In a couple of months I'll have been going to my office for 36 years. Next year I turn 60 (the good Lord willing) and it'll be 37 years. Not sure I'll be ready to retire then, but thinking about being able to just go fishing whenever I want and when the conditions and weather are right - as opposed to having only weekends less those weekends that are either no good weather wise or those that I've already got plans made for me - sure sounds appealing.

40 keepers is pretty decent Bob. Every time I go out there and get carried away enough to come back with my limit I remind myself why I promised never to do that again the previous time.

Wife and I had a similar outing today. 2 giant scoops from NEM and went down to the windmills at about 8:30. Ended up with 38 fatties, most were 12-14”. 10” rule in effect. Threw back about 10. There was a big pack in front of the 3 trees and a big pack at the windmills. Didn’t hear if the 3 trees were producing similar results. If anyone was in that pack I’d like to hear how you did.

Attachments

• 6D90EEF6-BC2F-44E7-A3BB-18C3D86040F0.jpeg
    6D90EEF6-BC2F-44E7-A3BB-18C3D86040F0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
  • C826D325-29A3-49E1-AA0C-BCF76A9FE178.jpeg
    C826D325-29A3-49E1-AA0C-BCF76A9FE178.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
Wife and I had a similar outing today. 2 giant scoops from NEM and went down to the windmills at about 8:30. Ended up with 38 fatties, most were 12-14”. 10” rule in effect. Threw back about 10. There was a big pack in front of the 3 trees and a big pack at the windmills. Didn’t hear if the 3 trees were producing similar results. If anyone was in that pack I’d like to hear how you did.

I was out with Tailfeathers and 2 others today. We were down by the water tower and we managed 42 and then on the way back in we got 3 walleye.

thanks for the update @Wave Runner. In a couple of months I'll have been going to my office for 36 years. Next year I turn 60 (the good Lord willing) and it'll be 37 years. Not sure I'll be ready to retire then, but thinking about being able to just go fishing whenever I want and when the conditions and weather are right - as opposed to having only weekends less those weekends that are either no good weather wise or those that I've already got plans made for me - sure sounds appealing.

Your right Rob about (the good Lord willing) because none of us are guaranteed of a tomorrow let alone next year. Retire as soon as your able you won't regret it as life goes by in the blink of an eye. It seems like yesterday I retired at 55 after 39 years of working since I was 16 years old but I'm already in year 15. Once retired then you also will fully understand the old cliché "a bad day fishing beats a good day at work." (y):D

Your right Rob about (the good Lord willing) because none of us are guaranteed of a tomorrow let alone next year. Retire as soon as your able you won't regret it as life goes by in the blink of an eye. It seems like yesterday I retired at 55 after 39 years of working since I was 16 years old but I'm already in year 15. Once retired then you also will fully understand the old cliché "a bad day fishing beats a good day at work." (y):D
and every weekend is a long weekend-----time means nothing to me:singing::singing: in my tenth (I think):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fished between the 3 tree pack and the windmill bunch, got about 25 nice jumbo's, 35 to 38 ft. Anyone else notice the strong current, lake close to flat, anchor holding and line still at a 45 even after weighting up, instead of straight up and down? Great day and leftover yellow's for breakfast.

Anyone else notice the strong current, lake close to flat, anchor holding and line still at a 45 even after weighting up, instead of straight up and down?

It was like that yesterday too. My guess is it is the seiche or "bathtub effect."

New to fishing this area. Would a deep V 16 footer be OK, with little or no wind and light chop? How far from shore/ marina are you fishing? Looking for perch and walleyes. Thankful for any recommendation from those who know>

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks