Buckhorn lake

Minnownite

Good afternoon all! Family is heading to Buckhorn lake on Saturday for a week. Has anyone fished it in the recent years? How should I prepare? Thanks!

If you are going to lower buckhorn be careful when outside of the channel lots of rocks and shoals

Buckhorn has amazing bass fishing during the summer, but since they arnt open... possibly pike?

OK my fishing there is a far from recent.
If you look at your map at 10:30 from the 22 above your location is a fairly deep trench in the narrows. Everything can be caught there from eye's to bass & muskies.
From the narrows toward Buckhorn is a fairly distictive weed line on the northwest side. Troll the edges for everything.
Along the causeway by Bridgenorth will produce for trolling for eye's and muskie.
Years back we had good luck fishing vertically on the drop offs near the island between Bridgenorth & Curve Lake on your map. Eyes & perch.

Walleye fishing used to be king before zebra mussels. Eyes are still there, but not in same numbers. There is good bass fishing and decent muskie. I believe there were some issues with low walleye numbers on Chemong.

Pigeon Lake holds nice sized muskie, head left after you go thuu the narrows. Head right to go to Bobcaygeon, lots of room to tie up for free and walk around the town. Gannon Narrows in the morning has produced some nice bass for me over the years. Lower Buckhorn is good early in the season, again in the narrows after the lock. Good Luck !!

Back