Dipsey rod storage

Westy

Hello fellow trollers. I have a 19 ft Lund and I typically run two wire dipseys and two braid dipseys. I usually leave the dipseys attached to the rods and lay them down on the floor while running. This is messy and annoying especially if i have a few fisherman in the boat. I tried taking the dipseys off and running with the dipseys in the rod holders. Taking them off is time consuming to set up once on fishing grounds. Taking them off also requires leaders to be stored tangle free. There must be a better method of storage. How do you store dipseys rods?

This season I'm going to try a pair of leader mates from luna sea. The product has made in Canada logo on it, but I could not find the larger one I wanted north of the border . I have seen the smaller one at the big box store in Vaughan.

20180604_221301.jpg

Last edited:
What I do {still not perfect} is take the dipsey off and wrap the lead line around it and leave it somewhere on the side of the boat that it will be used on. Most of the time when you pick it up, the swivel end drops down tangle free. Then just hook the swivel onto the rod and stick it rod holder for running out and back in. I generally run two dipseys and that's currently the best I've got. You can take a pool noodle and cut it to length then cut a slit around it and do what Mealsonreels said. {was typing that same thing while he was posting it}

i use a spare piece of copper 14ga. wire and wrap the dipsey to the rod and hook the line from it on the pole.

Capt. Blastr

Hook of lure onto first eye seat above the reel. Wind leader around reel starting at the lure end (must wind on from lure end as opposed to diver end of leader) until dipsy is just above the reel. Reel up line until snug. I pull down on the leader section and pass the snubbed under the reel so it can't slide off sideways. The diver is Now sitting just above the reel with the leader wrapped onto the reel. Now you can either run with the rod in a holder or lay it down if you must.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks