Fishing Report Pike & Monster Catfish - Bluff Bar - Thursday, May 17th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Fished Bluff Bar with Albert for 3 hours this morning. We caught 9 pike as best I remember, 3 SM Bass and one huge catfish, the biggest I've ever seen all on jigs. Posted Albert and his cat. No idea what it weighed but in measured 34.5 inches long. Albert had trouble holding it and you'll easily see it was a beast.
index.php

Attachments

• Cat2May17_18.jpg
    921.2 KB · Views: 637
Holy catfish!!!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
That is a monster, it must have been fun hauling that in Arnie. :)

Great looking Cat Albert! How are your arms and wrists from the Fight with that Monster! Good going guys. Glad to see you had a GREAT DAY!

Nice to see you guys again before I leave for up north.
Now I see why Albert couldn’t lift his arms when you came over. Nice catch Albert??

Holy catfish!!!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
That is a monster, it must have been fun hauling that in Arnie. :)
Yeah Bob, Albert figured it was a big pike when he hooked it but I thought otherwise. I never considered a catfish but was thinking Lake Trout or Sturgeon. I never ever caught a catfish of any size on a jig but have caught a few of the two species. We've taken big cats in Lake Erie perch fishing with minnows but nowhere near that size.

Beauty Cat Arnie! Did you check it for cellphones, sunglasses or anything like that? May be That monster people have been talking about. LOL

@Stick .. I think you maybe on to something on this one.. Should have got an x-ray of it could be some tall tails with that one...

Hey Duck just curious what trolling motor(electric) you are running?
Minn Kota - Terrova - 112 pound thrust. If I had to do it over again I would buy the Ulterra model with auto store and deploy. May not be a huge advantage if you're a younger buck but for older retired anglers like Albert and me....it would be nice. Didn't buy the Ulterra because it was just released the year I upgraded my electric to the Terrova. No idea what the price differential would be. The anchor mode on these electrics is a real plus.

Minn Kota - Terrova - 112 pound thrust. If I had to do it over again I would buy the Ulterra model with auto store and deploy. May not be a huge advantage if you're a younger buck but for older retired anglers like Albert and me....it would be nice. Didn't buy the Ulterra because it was just released the year I upgraded my electric to the Terrova. No idea what the price differential would be. The anchor mode on these electrics is a real plus.
I upgraded to the Ulterra on the new boat, absolutely love the auto stow and deploy. I still like to rake my own leaves, too young for a leaf blower just yet, but the auto stow and deploy is sweet.
Great catfish, its a wonder your line didnt snap pulling up such beast. Good day guys.

New guy here, sorry for my ignorance but where is bluff bar? Finally have my own boat and want to get out more than tbree times I did last year. Plus I love like fishing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks