Off Topic Dipsy colours

willisride

So I’m curious to hear from guys on here, that fish Dipsy Divers, if they have a colour preference? I have all black and they work well but I’m adding a couple more, so debating some of the other “colour pallets”. Looking for Erie specific for walley and rainbow trout.
Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers

Im also interested in hearing some responses on this. I've always used a lime green one and a clear one with a metal flake look to it. They have always produced fish for me on Erie. The only reason I have those colors is because they caught my eye lol. I've always wondered if color choice made a big difference or not.

Im also interested in hearing some responses on this. I've always used a lime green one and a clear one with a metal flake look to it. They have always produced fish for me on Erie. The only reason I have those colors is because they caught my eye lol. I've always wondered if color choice made a big difference or not.
Hopefully we get some good info. Like anything else I’m sure lots of people have their own take on them. I ended up with all black ones as my buddy had used those exclusively and recommended that.

Like woodsman says, I have heard it is best to have to same colour dipsy as your lure colour, most guys are running copper backed spoons that I know.

I agree with the copper back spoons. Some colours worked better than others from day to day as did the “dipsy”colour. I usually run green and purple, but I personally don’t think it matters. If this years “walleye season” is any thing like like last year, a teaspoon with a treble hook behind a bell sinker would work!

I use gold, metallic purple, black and firetiger, I use different colors depending on water clarity.

Oh great....:D now I need to keep track of dipsy colour too? o_O:cry::banghead: LOL :) (Already track rod position, dipsy setting, lead length, lure)

Black first and foremost, then copper, then purple, then a green wrinkled finish.

Yellow red/orange squiggles and wonderbread a very dismal tied for last.

Sail has a discounted price until the 29th so I'm going to add a couple more copper.

Lure colours, only about 30% of my lures were copper backed the last two years, so I did some shopping over the Winter and added a "few" copper backed lures for this year. The boat did really well last year, so hoping these lures only make this year better.

Another dipsy question. Rings on or rings off?

I personally use clear but I use the ones that they call dipsy diver light bite u put about 3 ft lead then a swivel attach main to other end of swivel with the diver above lead u can run as much line u want behind diver I usually run 100 ft I love these lite bite even perch set them off when fish is on diver slides to swivel and u only have 3ft lead our then they work amazing they r all I ever use hope this helps best of luck this year to all

@Me n my best friend , I picked up two of the lite bite sliders over the Winter. Really looking forward to putting them into service. You might get a few questions from this end once I get out on the water with them. :)

I really like the UV colours they came out with several years ago. When it’s overcast they out produce any other dipsys I use. Purple ,fire tiger, and black when it’s sunny.

I use flat black and dark purple dipsys and copper back spoons and blades. I find i get less junk fish with these colour schemes. When ive used bright colours and silver backed lures in any conditions the junk turns on and the eyes get lock jaw. I believe the reason for this is that the junk fish cant see the darker colours as well but i know the eyes can!! Well thats what works for me.

I have used lots of different colours, currently use black as they were the large size without the rings I was after, I have not noticed a difference with the dozen or so different I own. Having said that I know some successful fishermen out of Burwell that swear by specific colours and patterns. Should point out I only run 2 dispys at any given time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks