Recent content by wicket

1. W

still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

i appreciate your perspective. Thinking out loud I wonder what everyones thoughts are on the upcoming dove season. Will there be a public outcry about that and if so how will we as hunters deal with it. I also wonder how many will participate in it. Will there be those who target them or will...
  2. W

still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

So someone who is trying to get more hunting opportunity for everyone should just give it a rest because of what the public might think. How very Canadian of us to not want to muddy the waters because it might not be popular. With the issues in the future facing waterfowlers in this country I...
  3. W

what a surprise!

i would think 50lbs if i read the length right in your post. i used to raise them and im thinking (its been awhile) that weight might be close without seeing the whole fish. congrats on your catch and congrats on letting it go, although sturg steaks are pretty good:0 had a buddy catch one...
  4. W

new personal best musky

its supposed to blow 25 west on the weekend which isnt a great time on lake st clairs south shore so depending on your setup the river may be your best move. there is a trough that exends east out of the river to the 8th concession, that is great this time of yr for smallies and musky. the...
  5. W

new personal best musky

yes on the rods and you can go a long long way up the river way past chatham .....if you dont want to fish your way from mitchells bay you can drive to lighthouse cove and put in there then you split the difference or u can go to stoney point and fish your way out to the hump and catch all...
  6. W

MY SIDE OF THE STORY "OPENING MORN"

oiy def nice to hear the other side, spot on actions by u if you ask me. usually the old saying holds true about somewhere in the middle is the truth. sonny come on this isnt a fine dining resturaunt you know your reservation isnt gaurenteed. its a damned shame that he had to get himself so...
  7. W

Opening Morning Problems

Dave for sure not everyone understands the sign thing I do ... never hunted lp but its a pop practice elsewhere. hey the guys, long and short did nothing wrong, and i def understand how it could happen especially with multiple signs with same name. personally i wouldnt have hunted someone elses...
  8. W

Opening Morning Problems

Big Dave I think you hit the nail on the head right there ...most people dont care and since its public they dont have to care eff yah seems to be a growing trend. No dif than someone getting on the pic a cast from u when you have a charter. respect seems to be lacking in this day and age...
  9. W

new personal best musky

over react much there not a kid, ......the jeesh some kids comment was for the OP tongue in cheek. i fully understand the difference in waterbodies yah i went to sir sandbox too as im sure many others on here have and have worked in the industry. what i will never understand is the need of...
  10. W

Opening Morning Problems

on stclair thats the way its done you stake your intended hunting spot (mostly out of tradition >>the spot) and its "yours" opening day. after that first come first serve encluding the box blinds. out dated i dont think so. if nothing else its a way to space everyone out a safe...
  11. W

new personal best musky

HOLY SMOKES .....have you learned nothing from reading the stream threads above??????? you *&%*in blank blanker8D great now there is going to be 1000s of people wanting to fish in that lake....I fish there and dont want to share...jeesh some peoples kids never learn:D ps .....really nice...
  12. W

No more phone calls please.

you cut me off getting on the 401 on sunday....well i slowed down and you merged and i said to my self theres that scrimmy guy and zoom you were gone
  13. W

Mute Swans - Long Point

sorry for the spelling mistake not sure how to edit
  14. W

Mute Swans - Long Point

jerome....I have it on good athority that that day will be sooner than later. another year for the doves:) ummm bacon dove breasts on the bbq
  15. W

on-line auction for charity

yah thanks for the link ...my wife works for london animal care and she says that is a great rescue and we will be bidding.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks