Recent content by Tundra Swan

1. T

Finally, a cormorant season starting this fall

Hello Guys, I think that all of us who are members of the OFAH should submit a "thank you" note to the OFAH staff for all of their effort over the years to achieve this. I just sent mine in. Jerome PS Hello OCLP ... come on ... be creative!
  2. T

Delta Waterfowl Magazine

Hello Guys, I just received the "Hunt Annual" issue the other day but I never received the "Summer" issue that normally comes in June so I called the Delta Waterfowl office and was told that the "Summer" issue was cancelled due to several COVID-19 issues. Just thought that I would let you know...
  3. T

Alberta Sandhill Crane Season

Hello Guys, I just heard from Delta Waterfowl that Alberta has been granted a Sandhill Crane season by the CWS that will start this fall ... so maybe we will get one in 2021 ... if we "push" for one. Jerome
  4. T

Sounds like Rondeau has a plan. Anyone heard what the LPWA plans are for the upcoming waterfowl season?

Hello Guys, Just a thought ... a suggestion ... we could go to an all "self serve" system in which you drive in, select a blind, submit your registration card with payment, hunt for the day and then return to check out later in the day. I had suggested this as an option years ago but it was...
  5. T

Mute Swans at Long Point

Hello Jacobus, I will try to prepare a list of the e-mail addesses of the individuals at the CWS, Delta Waterfowl, MNRF as well as Toby Barrett so that you and others can submit your individual comments of support for delisting this invasive species. The CWS will be revising the Regulations to...
  6. T

Mute Swans at Long Point

Hello Jacobus, I will try to prepare a list of the e-mail addesses of the indivuduals at the CWS, Delta Waterfowl, MNRF as well as Toby Barrett so that you and others can so that you may submit your individual support for delisting this invasive species. The CWS will be revising the...
  7. T

Mute Swans at Long Point

798 Highway 59 Port Rowan, Ontario N0E 1M0 Re: Mute Swans at Long Point Dear Mr. Jack Hughes: I was disappointed to read in the latest newsletter of The Trumpeter Swan Society (Vol. XXX No. 1) that the 2020 range-wide Trumpeter Swan survey will not be accomplished "primarily due to lack of...
  8. T

Mute Swans at Long Point

Hello Guys, I have enclosed a letter that I sent by e-mail to Jack Hughes at the CWS earlier this week with copies to other individuals at the CWS, Delta Waterfowl and the MNRF as well as Toby Barrett (MPP, Haldimand-Norfolk). I understand that the OFAH now supports delisting the Mute Swan from...
  9. T

Surface Drive Mud Motor

Hello No Class, I would suggest that you talk to Clint at Mud Buddy in Utah ... he was very accommodating and fair with me .... would not change my decision. Jerome
  10. T

A Tundra Swan Season in 2020

798 Highway 59 Port Rowan, Ontario N0E 1M0 February 24, 2020 Dear Waterfowlers: I am writing to advise you that no provisions for a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season were included in the proposed changes to the Migratory Game Bird Regulations as a result of the review process that...
  11. T

Brantford Ducks Unlimited Dinner

Dear Waterfowlers: A waterfowl management professional told me years ago that anything that benefits one or two waterfowl species will directly or indirectly benefit other waterfowl species and for that reason alone (if for no other reason) he would support a proposal that I had made to the...
  12. T

Ice Conditions at Long Point - 2019

Hello Guys, This morning the Inner Bay was basically free of ice for the most part except for along the shoreline. The boat launch at the Big Creek bridge and Big Creek were completely free of ice this morning. Although the Port Rowan harbour still had some loose ice remaining it certainy...
  13. T

Long Point Guides

Hello Big Talk, Well said ... thank you. Jerome
  14. T

Ice Conditions at Long Point - 2019

Hello Guys, This morning Big Creek and the boat launch was totally free of ice when I drove over the bridge at 0730 hours. The Port Rowan marina was still "iced in" out to the end of the wharf and then it was open water. Although there is still a considerable amount of ice along the shore the...
  15. T

Long Point Guides

Hello Steve, If there is something (especially if it is something that is questionable) that affects us as waterfowlers then it is our (their) business to question what is happening. Jerome
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks