Recent content by tom

1. tom

release issue

The paper elastics work great. And I get a bag of 500 from the paper guy every year!
  2. tom

Question about new down riggers

Scotty's all the way!!!!!
  3. tom

Lake Ontario Grimsby area

Looks like you got the quad! In the one picture your boy is holding a shaker chinook. Black mouth...
  4. tom

Walleye trolling has begun

All those fish must have been caught on Dans side of the boat. Are those my jumbos in your avitar?....lol
  5. tom

Best set up for pike?

Personally i just use 20lb power pro. If the fish are finicky then i will put on a 2' 20lb flourocarbon lead. What size pike are you planning to go after?
  6. tom

Medical Study on Wind Turbines

Well thanks for the information to everyone. I have gone through all the links provided. Now here's my 2 cents if anyone cares. It seems we are in a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. I understand that they have affects on people and birds but think of the way things used to be...
  7. tom

Medical Study on Wind Turbines

Can someone enlighten me on how wind turbines can be bad for your health? Im not being funny I just don"t understand how something spinning around in a circle can be bad for you? Is there something im missing.
  8. tom

L.Erie walleye and perch status.

When they do they electro fishing in the rivers during the spawn they count the year classes they get. So the more fish from that year class the better the spawn was for that particular year.
  9. tom

Talbot River

@fshgrl, lots of great walleye fishing in Simcoe. Your just a little early. Give it another week or two. Go to where you stated above. If you have any other questions Pm
  10. tom

Ice fish tomorrow

Great math! Can I work for your employer 14, 14, and 12, is 30 hrs.
  11. tom

January 3 St Williams with Grangers Huts

where's the cat honey. Best use for a cat ever!!
  12. tom

Planer Boards

to reply to you ch312 - giant bow in line when it is realy windy, just more to go mechanically wrong when your out there. - really every walleye I have caught on lake erie floats to the surface and you crank them in no fight involved - dont even have to worry about releases - giant mast and to...
  13. tom

Planer Boards

jammer I agree. no big line hanging out and before, every once and a while a big wave would flip my big board and drag it right under and behind the boat. I have never lost a small board or had to replace the line on those big bulky spools.
  14. tom

Planer Boards

big boards are a pain in the ass use mini boards
  15. tom

Long Point EC-10

Well we hit up long point on the weekend and it was mud till out about 1/4 mile past the marker tried 5 feet 7 feet and 10 feet and nadda. thought we'd find some nicer water over by crystal beach so packed everything up and took the long drive over there. by the time we got there the lake had...
Back