Recent content by Soup

1. Soup

Off Topic Dipsey rings

Thanks for the info @spincast however I’m mostly just interested to know the depth the fish are in the water column. Of course it changes continuously but it gets me a half decent idea where to start and then adjust from there.
  2. Soup

Off Topic Dipsey rings

Looking for consensus here about when people report their Dipsey line counter. I always assume unless stated otherwise that it’s WITH ring, since that’s how they are sold. So #1 Dipsey on 3 set to 100’ is around 40’ deep according to the chart. The same setup WITHOUT ring is somewhere between...
  3. Soup

Fishing Report Rainbow or Steelhead

Found another photo on the roll that shows more of the tail.
  4. IMG_4448.jpeg

IMG_4448.jpeg

5. Soup

@Red Hering yes the scales came off very easily
  6. Soup

Nice Rainbow caught on Tuesday at Burrell, but noticed how deep pink, almost red the meat was. I read that Steelheads tend to have a deeper pink colour. Is it maybe a Steelhead?
  7. IMG_4450.jpeg

IMG_4450.jpeg

8. IMG_4452.jpeg

IMG_4452.jpeg

9. Soup

Fishing Report Burwell Saturday Evening Chaos

Launched just before 6 and headed south. Wanted to get to 64 but decided to start in 62 since it was 6:30 and figured we better get the lines down because we were running out of time before the weather rolled in. Not much happening off the bat and only had 2 by 7:15. Turned west at 64’ and...
  10. Soup

Missing Fishermen Port Burwell

A buddy of mine used a bleach bottle with the bottom cut off. Doubles as a bailing bucket. I just use the orange safety kit minus the lid and contents. Always have. Sure beats trying to balance. Plus it’s less conspicuous.
  11. Soup

Fishing Report Burwell Sunday

Got off pretty late, around 12:30. Very foggy and could only go 10 mph with wind out of SW. Set up in 53’ and trolled to 57’ caught a few between 55 and 57 then decided to stay there. Slow bite but ended up with 7 (2 people, 4 rods). Turned into a pretty nice day by 4:00. Then I got my leadcore...
  12. 0ACE7E84-1940-4481-9299-994C86656EB6.jpeg

0ACE7E84-1940-4481-9299-994C86656EB6.jpeg

13. Soup

Line Calibration

My point really is that there are so many variables when you are out there, it’s nice when you have your counter close (within +\- 10 feet) so you can use the charts without having to guess how much more or less to let out to get to your desired depth. If the graph lites up with fish at 30’ I...
  14. Soup

Line Calibration

Got my Dipsey rods spooled up at Angling Outfitters last week and they did a great job. Checked the counters after pulling off 100’ of line and one was 99’ and the other was 101’. So important to help get the lure to the right depth. I recommend everyone check this, you might not be getting...
  15. Soup

What lures should I use on Erie for walleye

Depends on the time of day but Ripplin Redfins Blue/Chrome and Black/Chrome do great at times, other times Black/Gold. Change it up until you find what works.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks