1. S

Tsc no longer partnered with the OFAH

There is a bar code for Mark's on the back of my OFAH card
  2. S

Some good news for gun owners

https://oodmag.com/firearm-owner-numbers-rising/
  3. S

Time to swap out your boat for a Canoe

The environment minister is a radical environmentalist - he is also the one that talked about the federal government not providing road funding. We don't need to worry as there are now electric boat motors. Imagine finding out it doesn't work as well in the middle of the lake, as some car owners...
  4. S

Great Lakes survey

Take the survey, let opinions be known on the importance of the fishery. Please share. https://www.ijc.org/en/wqb/great-lakes-poll
  5. S

Off Topic Planer Board Mast Support

Don't know what kind of boat you have, but would it be possible if it was a Lund to use a downrigger bracket for the sport track on each side, put a board between, and screw it to the board?
  6. S

Jamaica fishing?

Across the Carribbean in Cuba, I see the natives just standing waist deep in water and casting out with a lure or sometimes live bait.
  7. S

Dr Dunc RIP

The significance of the contributions he made to conservation are immense. Dunc was part of a group that brought the whole concept of conservation fund-raising dinners to Canada, and a great guy.
  8. S

Boat Batteries / Winter Storage

I store mine in basement but a friend said this isn't advisable because they can give off gases or if short. He said store in garage
  9. S

Newfoundland

I love that Iceberg beer too
  10. S

Newfoundland

We had a fantastic trip to Newfoundland fishing for cod and shark last month. Cod fishing was with Quidi Vidi Charters and is a real fun experience. Great for families too and cost is reasonable. It was topped off by what the owner guaranteed would be "the best fish and chips" you will ever eat...
  11. _DSC7065.JPG

_DSC7065.JPG

12. _DSC7165.JPG

_DSC7165.JPG

13. _DSC7820.JPG

_DSC7820.JPG

14. S

A Father's Day on the Bay (with bonus ramp entertainment!)

I heard that Irish Spring soap kept mice away and put some in the boat one winter and in the shed. There were no mice in the boat the next spring, but the mice ate the soap in the shed. That doesn't work either!
  15. S

Off Topic Lyme disease cases are rising in Canada: What to know about Tick bites

People should be vigilant about ticks. Our dog picked one up a few years ago in the backyard, with short grass. Birds can drop one anywhere. It's a good idea to get tick medication for pets as they can bring inside.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks