Recent content by roebag

1. R

Leaky aluminum boat

Depending on your location you might give this guy a call. Heard some good things about his work. Never had need for a boat repair but I have had him recondition a couple of props...
  2. R

Trailer Wheel Bearings

quote: Originally posted by Wolffy45 Your late model wouldn't pass tech inspectrion if the front wheel had play in it, would you drive it with play in it? So why would you tell someone to leave play in a wheel bearing then? A tad loose is better than a tad tight. Overtightening will...
  3. R

Trailer Wheel Bearings

quote: Originally posted by north08 My trailer has bearing buddies on it , 6yrs old when i bought it both wheels blowen seals inside of rims covered in grease What you might be seeing is a slight leakage due to the grease breaking down. Overtime, the heat generated will cause some of the...
  4. R

Trailer Wheel Bearings

quote: Originally posted by andrewm They can be overfilled, and if they are the back seal can / will blow out which is a sure way to allow water in. Read the second paragraph of the link provided. http://www.bearingbuddy.com/why.html
  5. R

Trailer Wheel Bearings

quote: Originally posted by andrewm Just be careful if you use bearing buddies not to overfill the hub. These things don't actually pack the bearing, and too much grease in the hub can be a bad thing. Can also blow the seal out the back. You cannot overfill or blow out a seal using...
  6. R

hay bay

Just got back from our annual trip to Hay Bay. Fishing was excellent for the long weekend but then the storms rolled in. Monday big thunderstorm. Fishing just started to recover and we got hit again Wednesday. Thursday we got hammered twice. Friday morning it was still blowing so bad it was all...
  7. R

hay bay

quote: Originally posted by dews Roebag - been tying my own harnesses for a while just curious where u get components. Luremaking can be slow. Wasnt sure if u had a local supplier?? No easy fix. I just keep my eyes open when ever I'm in a shop and pick up bits and dribbles. Usually just...
  8. R

hay bay

quote: Originally posted by Rhodes Also heading to quinte the same weekend. we're stay at Cedar Point resort on the south shore of Hay Bay may have to keep in touch if someone requires some help with presentation. cheers Rhodes If you're talking Ceadar Trees Resort, I stay there every...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks