Recent content by pops

1. P

LPWMU Self Serve Dec 21/12 - Jan 5/13

Here we go again !!!
  2. P

still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

Well Buddy Boy ,when it comes to biology , and other scientific research you have it nailed down ! The trouble is that you don't have a clue about how your swan harvest proposal will play out in public . Do all waterfowlers a favour , and give it up . This can of worms should not see the light...
  3. P

Ojibwa on the way ?

"Could roll over easily" ( and I assume sink )Maybe all is not lost after all !
  4. P

Ojibwa on the way ?

I am expressing an opinion held by many, that in order to save a financial disaster, I hope the damn thing sinks. I am a tax paying resident of Bayham (north )so I am intitled to an opinion ;as I can see my tax bill going through the roof to keep this red herring afloat.This will bankrupt Bayham...
  5. P

Hunting and boating alone

I have hunted the point since 1965 off ,and on. Used to hunt Little Rice ,and the unit ,but now only the unit. My mentors, and hunting partners are gone (you have to have a mentor to start ) so I hunt the unit by myself 90% of the time.I actually really enjoy hunting by myself, but find that...
  6. P

Question For All The Oldtimers

My first duck hunt at Long Point was in 1965 at the ripe old age of 16.Thankfully, I had several "mentor's" who gave me the opportunity to become involved in the sport, and without their time ,and effort I would have never have become a 'duck hunter '. My best year,s were from 1965 ,to 1975. I...
  7. P

Long Point Old Boys Club -Secrets Revealled!

I promised myself I would stay out of this. But it is a public forum , and sometimes you just have to put in your two cents worth. I am a sustaining member , don't own a trailer ,don't do the morning line-up , don't get involved in the l.p.w.a club business. I only hunt afternoons ,and utilize...
  8. P

How has the hunting been ?

I would describe my season as disapointing so far (especially with all the hype about record duck populations ) . The first month was unseasonally mild . When I had a day to hunt it seemed to make more sense to stay home and do yard work etc. than go to the lake and stare at a beautifull blue...
  9. P

EC 6 Muskie

Great fish ! A big two thumbs up on the live release. Only caught one Muskie at Long Point , 22 years ago at the Bluffs , 38 inches long and let it go , just to special of a fish to keep. Maybe this was one of his ,or hers progeny !
  10. P

calls

Norton , I just wanted to add a little to the merits of single vrs. double reed calls.I find that double reed calls are easier to make ducky sounds ,in the house , and in warm weather . When the duck hunting heats up , things get cold and that's why I only use a single reed duck call (Echo...
  11. P

Long Point Hunt

After an entire week of calm ,sunny , beautifull weather why would you expect to have a good duck hunt ? It's going to take some crappy weather to get the birds moving. I stayed home and cut my grass ,maybe there is something to global warming!
  12. P

coyotes

I'm thinking that there are enough cripples in that end of the unit to keep the coyotes well fed.
  13. P

coyotes

Coyotes who have been hand fed ,and apparently lost a lot of fear of humans,running around a camp ground full of kids; what could possibly go wrong.And I was worried about someones dog getting chewed up ! On my next trip out I think I will be carrying a bag of dog treats.
  14. P

coyotes

I was walking in Monday night on the east end from blind 6, and thought I heard something in the marsh grass beside me.I stopped and listened ,nothing.I figured I'm hearing thing's, but 20 feet more down the trail I am definately hearing something in the grass moving beside me ,I shine my...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks