Recent content by ob1goby

1. O

Off Topic Dowrigger manual releasing, how often?

This time of year I check every 5 minutes. Thermocline is setup plus you have to deal with sheaphead and Silverbass. Use lighter offshore releases in calm water with smaller tension to the ball and let the fish tell you when to check.
  2. O

Missing Fishermen Port Burwell

My condolences to the family and friends affected by this tragedy. I hope the discussions and advice passed on between members resonates through the group. The best practices shared will hopefully help fishermen add to their routines. Safe boating and go slam them.
  3. O

That is probably the biggest risk of trolling alone.
  4. O

This is true. Many people found by the coast guard have their zipper down because they are trying manouever over the gunnels to urinate. If you do not have a head on your boat I always keep a bailing can in one of the unused livewell's so you do not have to balance and can pee into the can...
  5. O

A weekend, calm and lots of boats out. Stay sharp and go gettim.
  6. O

I have been thinking about it all day trying to run different scenarios about how it could of happened and what went wrong. My thoughts and prayers go out the family and I hope their loved one will be found safely. I usually do not sit down and construct a post but what has occurred makes...
  7. O

Gives me a sick feeling when I read about this unfortunate circumstance. The Striper is a big water boat and can take alot of tough water but being alone in rough seas is risky business. I am hoping for the best outcome as we all have that fear in the back of our mind when we are out in big water.
  8. O

Fishing Report Port Glasgow Sunday July 31, 2022 Afternoon

Four of us went down to Port Glasgow to take advantage of the beautiful weather and fish for rainbows and walleye. 41-53 ft. straight out of Port Glasgow. Dipsy's at 80 to 100 on 3 setting and riggers set at 35-45 with sliders. Ran 4 rods because it was busy. Blueberry muffin, lights out and...
  9. O

Jensen Power Dive/Manns Stretch 20

Sometimes the swivel may impede the diving capabilities of the bait. I use an o ring on my hot lips and tie directly to them. Thinner diameter line definitely helps. Running Boards I will alternate turns and stall the boards to make outside dive deeper and inside lines come up shallower. Often...
  10. O

Jensen Power Dive/Manns Stretch 20

How fast are you trolling and how long are your leads off the boards.
  11. O

Off Topic do you believe this

Makes you appreciate what John Candy and Steve Martin went through in Planes, trains and automobiles. Definite shitshow out there.
  12. O

Port Glasgow this afternoon.

Need to add water to the compactor system with water button before grinder is turned on. Just like a big smoothie.
  13. O

finally were back on the pacific

Great read. Girlfriend can't keep up with you. Sounds like you are living the fisherman's dream.
  14. O

Off Topic Bleeding fish

Blood stays in the meat if you do not bleed them out. The filet is more red compaired to a bled out fish and it is less of a mess when cleaning them. I take a parachute cord with a a lockable caribeener at both ends courtesy of dollerama. One goes around one of the rod holders and the other is...
  15. O

Person missing off Erieau

Screw the grear throw it in neutral or reverse depending on wave direction. My whole spread could be a macrame owl as long the person overboard gets back in my boat .
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks