Recent content by mcsteve

1. mcsteve

Prop Selection

I only lost about 2-3 mph on the top end
  2. mcsteve

Prop Selection

When I ran my 115 Merc 4 stroke, changing to the 4 blade was "significant". The hole shot improved but the handling at crusing speed was the biggest difference. I could not believe how much better it was simply from a prop change. This was on a Legend 20'.
  3. mcsteve

Kicker Question

I have the 2012 Xcaliber 20 and have had the Merc 9.9 4 stroke kicker since day one. Not a single issue and it trolls fantastic. I usually can keep it at 1.5-2 mph without any steering issues (I have the Panther EZ Steer bar) but any kind of breeze and it does drift when dead slow. That's...
  4. mcsteve

First time perchin on Great Lakes

Discussions like this always frustrate me and I'll tell you why. If I have an empty seat on the boat and someone wants to come along, they are more than welcome. Do I take them to a spot that I know there are no fish? No, I go where I hope we will hit them and hit them hard. Do I swear them...
  5. mcsteve

How do you bait your minnows on the hook?

When using either using salted or fresh dead, I insert hook beside the dorsal and out through the gill or mouth (depending on size). For me this gives the minnow a spin during movement and more of an injured signal. Like GPS, I believe fish prefer head first so position the hook accordingly.
  6. mcsteve

Fishing License

This is when a "No Wynne" scenario will pay off :)
  7. mcsteve

Toronto Sportsmen's Show

I took my grand daughter (almost 4) earlier in the week and had much the same experience as most. I was really hoping to find a few deals on new rod/reel combos but absolutely nothing that I couldn't find at Natural Sports without having to drag it around the show. My GD did however almost...
  8. mcsteve

New motor- what to buy

I have a 2012 Mercury 115 for sale, very low hours Not the pro xs but a great price compared to new. I'm re powering my 20' with a 150.
  9. mcsteve

Need Advice from the community

Boat shows will be your best friend. As EV said "ask a lot of questions and see what shoe fits you the most comfortably". What hits the mark for one person means nothing for the next. I looked at probably a couple of hundred different boats (manufacturers and models) over the 2 year...
  10. mcsteve

Port Burwell (launching etiquette)

That's why I stopped launching on weekends. The weekend warrior respects only themselves. I docked the boat out in Grimsby the past 2 years but am planning to do more Erie fishing this year no that my grand daughter is 3. She loves fishing for and eating perch. It hard to top that. The...
  11. mcsteve

Port Burwell (launching etiquette)

Mick, I switched my lights to LED a few years back because I kept forgetting to unplug them and then discovered no lights when loading back up. Maybe I should have retired at 44 cause my memory keeps getting worse with each year. My wife says she is waiting for the day that I call and tell her...
  12. mcsteve

Stainless Prop question

Can you post how you make out? I am going to pick up a SS prop this spring for mine and would like to have a name in my directory if anything happens. SS is not easy to work with and finding someone that does good work is sometimes difficult.
  13. mcsteve

Boxing Day - Could not resist

Now that's what I call a deal. Great catch plaw64.
  14. mcsteve

I love it when people share their opinion of the value of something without actually checking apples to apples. CH312, if you want the 3 then go ahead and get one. I am positive you will be quite happy with it. For me, and what i want to do with it, the extra bucks were not worth it. As for...
  15. mcsteve

Sorry, been on the road all day. I pick it up at Future Shop. Best Buy has them as we'll. here is the link for the Future Shop product. They have quite a few versions but this one is the best deal going (according to my kids, who know a lot more about this stuff than I do)...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks