Recent content by Jmac

1. J

Off Topic Weather sites suck big time.

Forecasting is simply plugging current data into a program that takes past conditions (data) into the formula…. On days like yesterday that intel becomes unreliable and low percentage accuracy. That’s just what I have learned over the years . I can get away with a bit more on Ontario than Erie ...
  2. J

Off Topic Weather sites suck big time.

I think planning on going out on a day they are calling for one the highest severe weather threats of the season you are exposing yourself to more risk than usual .A lot of things can pop up ahead of these fronts when the dynamic and atmosphere are prime. I don’t think the weather guy is the...
  3. J

Coho?

The lateral line alone screams coho We had a lot of coho last few trips Some were very different looking and difficult to distinguish between the insane amount of steelhead
  4. J

Late Morning Bows/ Sh#t Show Has Begun.

We had a steely with no lower fins on fri Didn’t have a chance to get photo .Haven’t seen it before (all 4 missing ) Solid healthy fish.
  5. J

pottahawk effect on the elbow?

Go to the elbow Launch at Hoovers It was really really good yesterday Fish deep
  6. J

Walleye tournament !

Saturdays are good days Pre fish Friday Great option for a blow day on Sunday
  7. J

Walleye tournament !

Bummer , was hoping it was going to be same weekend as last year . Unfortunately won’t be able to make it
  8. J

Off Topic Port Glasgow Trolling direction and under water currents

These currents are constantly changing Yesterday was bad … Surf temp was down to 65+ and current was crazy and inconsistent. For us it’s a feel …. Generally go with the surface current and no crabbing is where we start .
  9. J

Lots of salmon??

10. 0F645571-F9E3-4E97-8173-3AC4FB4E15FA.jpeg

0F645571-F9E3-4E97-8173-3AC4FB4E15FA.jpeg

11. J

Fishing Report June 28. LPB.

It was dynamite out there yesterday !
  12. J

Port Dover

Work 45-75 till you find a good screen Fishing is great out there right now if your willing to work and get a pattern going …. Real mixed bag of quality
  13. J

Lighthouse Aug 4th - evening fish

Further west was best for us . Deep wire diver and riggers with spoons were good
  14. J

Lighthouse Aug 4th - evening fish

Fished well west of the pack yesterday on the south side . Inside the trawlers with the NE flow was money . Lots of current and lots of eyes of all sizes .
  15. J

Off Topic what's best hours for the day for trolling fish?

G.mech is right! Fish are generally most actively feeding twice a day. It’s got nothing to do when he comes and go’s thou :) It’s got everything to do with solunar cycles. Next time you go have a look at the tables and take some notes ........
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks