Recent content by ch312

1. C

Off Topic Toronto Sportsmen Show👎👎👎

Those crying about the lack of sales simply do not understand the true costs and time to setup at shows. The Sportsman show minimum size booths are $1500-$1900 with the large spaces costing $8000-$11000 and more. Add in fuel costs, transportation of goods, your time along with wages and it’s...
  2. C

Off Topic Massive Insurance Increases

You need to shop around if you’re a longstanding customer and got a 25% increase in one go, especially with a clean driving record and no property claims. Our property, vehicles and toys went up a combined 3% more than last year. Renewals came in last week.
  3. C

Off Topic Burpwell Bayham Blues

Employees wanting (demanding?) higher wages. Sub contractors facing higher costs and wages. High fuel costs. Material costs have skyrocketed. Insurance and lawsuits are getting out of hand for many municipalities with silly lawsuits. There’s quite a few valid “excuses” that justify...
  4. C

Off Topic Cheap warmth

Yeah the standard 1lb “non refillable” tanks. I really don’t care about the legality as common sense prevails. When done properly there are zero issues. The odd one that does leak (everyone leak tests after refilling I hope) just gets put onto something and used up before the tank is tossed...
  5. C

Off Topic Cheap warmth

I’ve been refilling 1lb tanks myself for about 15 years now without a single issue. It makes these heaters the cheapest possible way to provide heat, besides using free firewood.
  6. C

Off Topic Health care system needs drastic overhaul.

The issue isn’t how many tax dollars are collected, it’s governments not spending correctly and wasting huge money instead of actually helping us. Over $220 billion spent on covid Over $11 billion sent to Ukraine last year Over $23 billion for a single indigenous peoples agreement last...
  7. C

Off Topic LPB. ice

Hopefully that guy knows how to deal with a submerged ATV properly so he doesn’t cause any damage… It’s one thing to roll up to a lake and see a ton of evidence people have been fishing and using machines and riding out without checking. But to be one of the first on the ice while driving a...
  8. C

2023-11-03 Buck

Average yield is 40 - 50% of live weight depending on how well you debone and how picky you are with trimming. 325lbs at 45% yield is 147lbs. If there is in fact 147lbs of boneless trimmed meat the deer would have been 300lbs for sure.
  9. C

Off Topic December Controlled Deer Hunt starts today !

The controlled hunt is intended to control deer populations and is an excellent management tool the ministry uses in an attempt to maintain optimal population density. You’re very mistaken if you believe the intent of the controlled hunt is to just give hunters an easier way to kill deer. That...
  10. C

Off Topic That time of year again

For those who enjoy a traditional roasted turkey, you cannot beat a bird that’s been brined overnight. The bird cooks faster, is unbelievably juicy, and using the drippings to make gravy yields the best gravy you can get. At first you’ll read how much salt to add to the brine and think it’s...
  11. C

Burpwell Beachfront B&B’s

This is exactly why many municipalities hate the Ford government. It doesn’t matter what a city or town wants, the province just overrides it and says build anyways. The area is clearly against this, but politicians living hours away have no problem allowing this build despite council voting...
  12. C

Muskie found dead

Pardon my ignorance, but are these fish actually more fragile than other species or is it something passionate anglers just say to try and encourage gentle handling? We all know that even in the best of conditions some fish die after being released. Why are those passionate about Muskie...
  13. C

Fishing Report LSC Musky … kinda?

Are all those people targeting Muskie?
  14. C

Muskie found dead

Was there visible trauma to these fish or is it just an assumption that careless fishermen killed these fish?
  15. C

Fishing Report Oct 4. LPB. Long face.

Nice fishing! We’re done with walleye this season and will be starting to hit the bay any time now for pike and perch. Fall and early winter on the bay provides such excellent fishing that it boggles my mind how people winterize their boats long before this great time of year...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks