Recent content by bigvenison

1. B

Delaney Outfitting?

That is simply NOT TRUE --has never happened --please verify your facts before stating things like that
  2. B

Delaney Outfitting?

Whoops I see the problem --the website is NOT coming up -- I will check into that immediately thanks-- mean while my phone number is under Simcoe -- the lad in Dunnville works for me
  3. B

Delaney Outfitting?

Hi Rowanhunter --thanks for the interest --yes indeed I am still doing some guiding although not as much as before -- and as long as Stomp doesn't mind I'll give you my website -- Delaneyoutfitting.com --please feel free to call any time Thank you
  4. B

Bluffs pike aug. 18

Pike fishing is wonderful stuff -- Norderns the Americans would say --you got any Norderns up there I'd hear--anyway for about 20 yrs at this time of yr I always fished the long weed bed roughly 1/2 way from Bluff Bar to shore -- the most effective way to catch big pike [we caught 100s] up to...
  5. B

Transporting Minnows

That's a very good question Blake --hope this helps -- the MNR has designated water bodies [usually brook trout] where you CAN NOT use minnows which in effect cuts out any transporting to that particular lake or river -- question is which lakes -- these are all stated in the MNR fishing...
  6. B

perch

You might be disappointed getting minnows locally so bring minnows from where you live Bart -- small creek minnows will work just fine on perch
  7. B

Ivey Dam

This could be a BIG positive for the Lynn River and sportsmen who not only fish it but L Erie adjacent to Port Dover-- river speed will increase and temperature drop -- rainbows browns salmon and possibly walleye will use it for spawning -- I can imagine a big fishery off the piers in Dover...
  8. B

Perch Possession Limits! Please read

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is NO gill netting on the US side of L Erie so that all non target fish are released to swim another day
  9. B

Passing Denny Leeson

I remember him well -- a true gentleman -- terrific hockey player and fisherman --great friend of Hamburg Hutch --long gone himself -- life is too short --especially for us fisherman --may he RIP
  10. B

Question for Big Dave ?

The connection is between water temp, minnows and perch --if the water temps are low --which they are right now -- and the minnows have not left the shore-- they haven't-- then the shallow water fish [not the deep perch] will be close by --which they are --try 8-10' --lots of perch all along the...
  11. B

EAST WINDS?

When strong L Erie winds blow the currents change and thus water temperatures -- so where you found fish on a SW wind you might not on an Easterly but trust me they still bite --you just need to find out where they moved --it's all about knowing the lake
  12. B

saw something I've never seen before in the bay

I'll take a stab at this --sounds like young quill backed carp suckers -- but really need more info to peg it
  13. B

Perch???

if you're in or near weeds and in relatively shallow water --say 9-10' use slip bobbers
  14. B

Big Creek Pike

Very interesting --reminds me of the one I saw in Nov a couple yrs ago while hunting pheasants --and that was 3 roads north of Walsingham at Twin Gullies -- it was sunning itself --had to be 17-20 lbs maybe more --a real biggy -- Big Creek has cool water in the summer --big deep holes and lots...
  15. B

north shore minows

Don't think they did as of Sunday but may now --phone # 519-583-1666
Back