Recent content by 2x4

1. 2

Off Topic Outboard motor repair, London/St. Thomas area

You could try Doug Claus. He has a shop 2 miles East of Copenhagen, just south of Nova Scotio Line at 4966 Pede Road. His number is 519-773-3274. Highly recommended.
  2. 2

Fishing Report Port Bruce - September 1st

Excellent report Joe Good to see you got out. My carpel tunnel surgery on my right hand and the upcoming one on the left hand has kept the boat on the trailer all season. Ashley , next door, has kept me in fillets. Having a neighborhood fish fry on the 9th. Once again-good report.
  3. 2

Off Topic Another man's treasure

For a number of years the Springfield Lions Club hosted a wild game supper and it was alwayse a full house of 250 guys. One of the favourite dishes was "smoked gold fish", which was actually smoked carp. Done Working is correct. Almost everything tastes better smoked. As a side note the...
  4. 2

Off Topic Another man's treasure

A number of years ago we hosted a bride/groom party at the cottage. The prievous day we hat caught some rainbow and two huge sheephead off the point. My young son wanted to keep the sheephead so I cleaned them along with the rainbow and brined them all. Took them out of the smoker the nest day...
  5. 2

Port Bruce. Aug 25.

Went south south west out of port Bruce to 57 feet. Had our first walleye in the box off the 4 colour leadcore out 250 feet with a mainly orange colour spoon within two minutes The only dipsy catch was a 5 pound rainbow. Everything on the riggers and long line was some kind of orange. Mainly...
  6. 2

Off Topic Dowrigger manual releasing, how often?

We got our two man limit last Friday out of Port Bruce. Most of the catch was achived by taking the cannonballs all the way to the bottom and popping the line out of the release. There would be nothing on and sometime on the float up of the lure or body bait we would get a hit. The spoons come...
  7. 2

Eyes on the lake August 2nd

It's currently 3:40 and I am in Port Bruce. The south west winds have the waves about 1 foot with lots of small white caps on most waves. I have a 22' boat and am not going to launch. The lake is fishable but the problem is getting out to deeper water where the fish are. Could not get up on...
  8. 2

Fishing Report Port Bruce Thursday the 7th.

Fished from 10:30 to 3:30. Headed due south and set up in 45' and trolled out to the gas marker at about 60' and back to 45'. No action at 60'. Two small, one medium and two rainbow over 6 pounds as well as one walleye. Everything in the top 1/2 . Red and orange ripplin red fin on 4 colour...
  9. 2

Off Topic Long Point Beach - flies

It's kind of strange how the flys have changed over the years. Fifty years ago the only flys that would bite were horse flys and sweat flys. Fourty years ago started to see black house flys start to bite in the Long Point region only. Not in the Port Bruce area at all. About 20 years ago saw the...
  10. 2

Sh!thead Delicacy?

So a few years ago we hosted a mixed wedding shower for my niece. The day before we had caught two big sheephead that my challenged nephew was all excited to keep as well as a couple of rainbow. That night I brined the two sheephead and the rainbow to smoke in my electric smoker for the shower...
  11. 2

Off Topic Water levels backing off the record highs

Just going by memory and experience. Havn't looked up the actual chart data for this post. We bought a cottage that had been compremized by Lake Erie in 1985. The cottage is at Port Bruce/ Waneeta Beach. The last record high was in 1986. Spent the next 4 to 6 years protecting it from the high...
  12. 2

What's Everyone Watching

My wife and I liked The Queen's Gambit. Have never played chess, but it was interesting. Yellowstone and The Crown were our favourites. Never paid much attention to the Royal Family over the years and the series turned out to be somewhat of a history lesson.
  13. 2

Port Stanley

Went out of Port Bruce from 10:00 to 3:00 to 68' of water. Only managed 3 mid size pics all off the bottom off greasy chicken wing. Got fairly rough. Took an hour to get back in, never on plane. No bugs or flies.
  14. 2

Port Bruce On Friday

This is a late report of fishing out of Port Bruce on Thursday. Headed out to gas distribution marker in 60' of water due south of Bruce. Fished north and south of the marker. The only line that prodeced was a five colour lead core back 250' with a gold and red R/Red fin. Put 5 pics in the box...
  15. 2

Should Have Been Here Tuesday

My theory of all the nets west of Port Bruce fell apart. Trolled off Waneeta Beach in 33' to 43' Canada Day for a couple of hours with nothing to show for it. Fished along all the nets that were strung out. After hearing reports of the odd pic being caught at 61', we tried that directly south of...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks