HORTY,S FISHING BUDDIES

HORTY

SO,the time has come:),the perch r getting close .so it is time to go fishing:ROFLMAO:.I work MONDAYS an THURSDAYS,an the wife has SATURDAYS:D,but the rest is open.I can take up to 4ppl.just chip in for gas an bait.I am at NORTH ERIE MARNIA in PT.BRUCE this year,a great place GREG an SAM treat you like family,will help in any way:).Lots of bait,an fuel,an close to lake.I provide this service to those that can,t normally get out on the lake,it is not for profit:censored:,just to enjoy the day:D,so-PM me with the day you would like an weather permitting we will make it happen:):)(y)

Your a good guy @HORTY... those who don't have their own boat will certainly appreciate your generosity. It will give them the opportunity to get to where the real fishing grounds are when they would not be able to otherwise. (y) :happy:

@HTHM don't take the route we did a few years back. It took me less than an hour and 45 minutes last week from Selkirk. Just take 3 west to Aylmer and turn left at the lights "downtown". Then right on Lakeshore to the bottom of the hill, I overshot it.

great offer ,,this is a great way for guys to get out for some great fishing ,,what a offer ,,Dutch

ed did your dad buy a boat or are you fishing in that big boat of dougs you guys fish ontario with. ill watch for you out there if you post a pic

we fish dougs boat on lake Ontario and are boat on erie ,,tons of fish out there right now Dutch

And no charge up-to-the-minute weather reports;)? Is there a dress code? (some of those guys on the pier seem to like to let it all hang out).

Isn't that Port Burwell????

It's also a great way for inexperienced or new great lakes fisherman to gain experience and learn other peoples tricks and techniques. Also to try different tackle and equipment before buying there own.
I'm a sell proclaimed experienced fisherman, who has everything but a big enough boat for great lakes! How ever I learned several new techniques from Horty last summer. ie....using down riggers and worm harness for Walleye....instead of my usual dipsy's and leadcore setups.

It's also a great way for inexperienced or new great lakes fisherman to gain experience and learn other peoples tricks and techniques. Also to try different tackle and equipment before buying there own.
I'm a sell proclaimed experienced fisherman, who has everything but a big enough boat for great lakes! How ever I learned several new techniques from Horty last summer. ie....using down riggers and worm harness for Walleye....instead of my usual dipsy's and leadcore setups.
GOT A FEW TIPS FROM U AS WELL w:ROFLMAO:AYNE

Glad to be joining a very informative group of anglers,I find Hortys weather report early a.m very helpful.I bought a seasons docking pass from the North Erie Marina this year instead of Port Glascow so Im hoping to get down that way at least 10 times. I have been down 2 times in the last month and nothing but gobbies, would appreciate any info on when the perch are there and how many ft there getting them in,its and hour and 15 min drive each way so any info on the best winds to watch for and how many miles out east or west and depth for the pickerel . Im on holidays the first 2 wks of July and hoping to do some fishing out of the Bruce.Thanks for any info given!

Glad to be joining a very informative group of anglers,I find Hortys weather report early a.m very helpful.I bought a seasons docking pass from the North Erie Marina this year instead of Port Glascow so Im hoping to get down that way at least 10 times. I have been down 2 times in the last month and nothing but gobbies, would appreciate any info on when the perch are there and how many ft there getting them in,its and hour and 15 min drive each way so any info on the best winds to watch for and how many miles out east or west and depth for the pickerel . Im on holidays the first 2 wks of July and hoping to do some fishing out of the Bruce.Thanks for any info given!
Welcome to the site.....I am also 1 1/2 hr drive , but last summer i fished Bruce 8 times in 6 different boats.......I don't usually fish for perch, so all i can tell you is the majority of the boats head east from bruce and look to be in the 25-40 fow range. they should be starting anytime now, as bruce perch usually pickup week or so after Port Burwell turns on.

The walleye turned on last year in the west first, so in june and july I would head SSW from Bruce and fish the 55 -65 fow range ....last year we were catching rainbows only in june, july long weekend was 50/50 rainbow / walleye....mid july was 30/70 rainbow / walleye and only caught walleye in august . Allot of boats fish around the pipe line and the capped well heads....you will need the erie marine charts on your gps to know where they are.

Welcome to the site.....I am also 1 1/2 hr drive , but last summer i fished Bruce 8 times in 6 different boats.......I don't usually fish for perch, so all i can tell you is the majority of the boats head east from bruce and look to be in the 25-40 fow range. they should be starting anytime now, as bruce perch usually pickup week or so after Port Burwell turns on.

The walleye turned on last year in the west first, so in june and july I would head SSW from Bruce and fish the 55 -65 fow range ....last year we were catching rainbows only in june, july long weekend was 50/50 rainbow / walleye....mid july was 30/70 rainbow / walleye and only caught walleye in august . Allot of boats fish around the pipe line and the capped well heads....you will need the erie marine charts on your gps to know where they are.
Thanks for the info Puddle Jumper

Usually by the first 2 weeks in July you should be catching perch, walleye and bows although the walleye are more plentiful later in July and August. However the good fishing has been late this year but some hot stable weather can change things in a hurry. You made a good move getting a season pass at North Erie because you won't be disappointed with the excellent fishing out of Bruce once they turn on. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks