Suddenly today I signed the legality of a revision spine surgery document, that we earlier initiated with a positive outcome epidural injection.

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
My team of neurosurgeons with my past Sunnybrook nuerosurgeon Dr. V. Yang leading the way, His office setting the surgery date very soon a day in May. The seriousness of 2 risks were discussed today without Dr. Yang being present, there is a mass at the L2L3 right side that indicates the nerve is functioning, thats my findings after my epideral injection last wednesday. The top lead Neurosergeon to Dr. Yang feels very up beat about it. So I am waiting for 2 dates the pre surgery day, with the overview with instructions and the day of the surgery.

My post op will be my Physio and Pain Management.. and renew my membership here at the YMCA,
I respect my mobility and must keep it moving

I turned 64 years old 28 days ago down there in ol mexico, I pray I can keep it moving

Thanks Tyler, I have had ongoing radiology, CT scans MRI ultra sounds ..they have found 2 cysts normal not growing, in the spinal column

after the surgery an MRI once a year

Hope things go well for you with this procedure.

Amazing what medical science can do now a days. May you have a speedy recovery ! I pinched my sciatica a week ago Wednesday and I'm still sore.

Thanks alot guys, my nuerosurgeon and his team made things go well..the first & last time in May 2014 for my spinal fusion with 2 rods & 4 pedicle screws at the level L4 L5 at sunnybrook hospital..litterly my back was broken with the joint cracked right through..after the hardware they filled in the gaps with bone graft..and after 18 months of physio & morphine I was rebuilt..except for limitations of heavy lifting..

unfortunatley the level above my Fusion the L3 L4 over time has caused problems with pressure to nerves causing by a formed mass, thus a corrective revision surgery has been looked at for an option surgerically to correct and manipulate the pressure..the hardware going into this level is a metal mesh screen (like a little basket) that goes around the mass and with 2 pedicle screws the surgeons are going to relocate the basket with the mass and screw it up out of the way of small tiny nerves to depressure the impingment)..

Its funny Dr. Yang invented a nuero surgery device I took part in is to locate high density bone to screw in the pedicle screws, His team ended up calling it the stud finder..lol...its a much better way of finding the best bone to avoid cracks and cause failure.

the studfinder has Patents, it was used in my 2014 spinal fusion surgery while being filmed video/audio. It has been perfected and now used regularly.
Dr. Yang is a head and spine trauma surgeon, a Scientist, and an inventor of nuero surgery robotic equipment. He is a very nice guy, I talked with him at sunnybrook well after my surgery, I was told Dr. Yang will be back in the surgery room with his team trying to fix my spine at UH LHSC coming soon.

I am confident Dr. Yang and his surgical team will do there very best.

I am very thankful Dr. Yang excepted me as his patient after i sent my MRI imaging with the original spine injury right to his cell phone, His secretary called me within minutes and said Dr. Yang wants to see you in his office asap Sunnybrook hospital Toronto

Last edited:
@Old Cut LongPointer

Sciatica inflamed painful nerve pain..what a nuisance ...I ice it 20 minutes at a time..then on and off..my 2 locations I ice for me the lumbar spine and my right buttock

I have the large blue gel ice packs in the freezer..the 2 kg bags of peas also are effective.

there is also an effective muscle & joint anti-inflammatory 6x Pain Relief Extra Strength cream called Kaylaya

comes in a 120g tube.. a little goes A long way,]

the volteren tube of cream...nfg for me

Thanks alot 68 friends I will take all the support i can get..

I talked to my surgeons secretary as well today, she seems very nice, we exchanged some info, she will call me direct for the 2 dates both time and locates in the hospital

had a nice visit with my neighbours today.. including Dave the lawn guy..lol ..that was after another bud dropped over started my lawnmower and cut my grass for first cut that looks good too

neighbour Chris right next door offered to pick me up at the hospital departures gate when the nurse calls and says he is ready to go.....a saltwater fishing trip for mahi mahi could possibly be part of my pyhsiotheraphy for range of motion and the bigger ones for sustained endurance..maybe later on..

I am going to try and figure out daily meals or daily meal plans for nourishment..something like 2 different meals delivered a day, i am 200 lbs...so adding an extra side dish adding some more calories..

I will figure it out..I am not new to surgery recovery at home..

I am sure you will be all good Mick I had my C-5-6-7 done a few years ago and amazing results.

Keep positive and work hard!

RT

My team of neurosurgeons with my past Sunnybrook nuerosurgeon Dr. V. Yang leading the way, His office setting the surgery date very soon a day in May. The seriousness of 2 risks were discussed today without Dr. Yang being present, there is a mass at the L2L3 right side that indicates the nerve is functioning, thats my findings after my epideral injection last wednesday. The top lead Neurosergeon to Dr. Yang feels very up beat about it. So I am waiting for 2 dates the pre surgery day, with the overview with instructions and the day of the surgery.

My post op will be my Physio and Pain Management.. and renew my membership here at the YMCA,
I respect my mobility and must keep it moving

I turned 64 years old 28 days ago down there in ol mexico, I pray I can keep it moving
All the best Mick. Hope for a speedy recovery

All the very best of luck Mick ... looks like you have a world class team looking after your back. I am hoping you may be back to possibly making the trip to Ecuador and Mexico next winter ... you provide so much vicarious excitement to all of us dreaming about your winter adventures. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us and your medical journey's too.

Thank you very much guys for the kind words..

I hope the fishing starts soon..we are almost into May and the warm weather is coming slow & steady

hey @Stormin Norman thanks for the comeback on Ecuador & Mexico..such incredible memory you got on puerto lopez ecuador..what sticks to me is ol Captain Charlies truck with the custom photo of the 3 of us on the Rosita with this badass marlin..
I am trying to find this marlin on the back of Charlies truck...the crooks stole the truck with the marlin photo of this marlin below covering the tailgate.. That was in Guayaquil Ecuador ...what a big bummer...I will find the tail gate photo and post it on here..
puerto lopez fishin Nov. 21 2019 223.jpg
Captain Charlie on the tail #1 son Alex on the bill and son Fabian taking the photo..the father & the 2 sons we had good times out there

Last edited:
Ya you guys I gotta say its nice to feel supportive from fellow fishermen and Canadians at home... still a mixed bag
Thankyou for sharing your kindness and mutual respect as well

Davin @Reel Therapy we did make a similiar physical connection a while back in a related physical condition and you followed up with a successful corrected surgery you were very happy with..and then my cell phone went off with a ring, as I am heading out solo from Kincardine harbour on a beauty mid afternoon, and banged off a couple trout, a bow and a boot..thats redneck talk for a laker anyway I released both of them..

I really enjoyed your company Davin and a personal invite with you and hooking up with that fiesty King

My down time , and its going into recovery time..the sooner i get in and get it done, Dr. Yangs Right, my full blown out fusion was 18 months. recovery time but then I was hunting NFLD caribou & Alberta elk both successfull harvests, but that worked out really well,

A man does his best and thats all he can do, in relation to getting back to fishing..I hope its a matter of regaining my recovery time..Mexico ended up being a good choice for 5 months, and I smoothed out the rough edges.

When i went down hard with the Delta Variant, I could almost set my watch to it, and like you said Davin it took alot of hard work, to recover physically, and mentally, It was something I battled with myself, And Again I am very thankful to have my doctor on board.

Last edited:
Wishing you all the best Mick, hope all works out well!

Wish you all the best Mick! I have 2-Rods, 10-screws and an interbody cage, from L3 down to S1. Never felt better. Done at Scarborough General, by Dr. Simone Harris. Went to 3 surgeons before my Neurologist suggested Dr Harris.

Thankyou very much for sharing your successful surgery @skipper sam and wishing me all the best...and congrats to you getting it done at Scarborough General,.. my mother decided thats where i was going to be born was scarborough general well we were living in Toronto

wow thats a multi level fusion L3 all the way down to the S1..that adds up to like 5 levels..and your Nuerologist suggests Dr. Harris..thats a WoW

an interbody cage..interesting

its facinating to have up to date spinal nuerosurgery available here in parts of Canada,

I had to really get lucky and find the oppurtunity with the nuero surgical team back for me in 2014 at sunnybrook hospital, I am extremely thankful,

and for him to move to London Ontario University hospital LHSC and continue to take me on as a patient with a sincere medical letter to my family

doctor. And just days ago i sign consent forms for a revision nuero surgery operation, what can i say...i am beyond greatful,

hope everything continues to be well for you skipper Sam

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks