Devastation

tazmania

Christmas went for a crap. My best buddy who has been the best companion passed away while cuddling him on his bed.
Any of you that met him knows how his beauty and happiness was infectious. He turned 12 in November.
I am at a total loss. RIP Meiko

temp_5.jpgIMG_20211030_144417.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss RIP Meiko
Rainbow Bridge GIF

I know there's a lot of dog lovers on this board and we have all gone through this and know the heartbreak you are feeling now. He looks like he enjoyed his time on this earth. So sorry for your loss.

The absolute worst part of having a canine companion.

The Wife and I still aren't in a place to take on another relationship after losing our Golden.

@Derkd9 almost maneuvered us into submission a few times, but we're babysitting our kid's dogs occasionally for now. 🌻

Saddest day in a boys life is when he loses his Mom or his dog, I think it's the unconditional love they gave us. I had to put my grrrrl ( 13 1/2 yr. Chessie) down just before the November Deer hunt. She wasn't my first love nor will be my last. My condolences to you.

The absolute worst part of having a canine companion.

The Wife and I still aren't in a place to take on another relationship after losing our Golden.

@Derkd9 almost maneuvered us into submission a few times, but we're babysitting our kid's dogs occasionally for now. 🌻
At first I couldn’t go a few hours without crying missing Stella after several months and bringing Maple 🍁 home the crying is less frequent.. but all it takes is reading about someone else’s loss to bring me right back.. I joined a Facebook group called the rainbow bridge… not sure why I did..
it helped sharing my story there and all the love and support you get back from the group..
but reading stories daily makes me sad

I am so sorry Taz. I had to put my special boy down Christmas eve as well. Had him 12 years and it will probably take me that long to get over it. He was loved and had a very full life for a Bouvier. Take Care

So sorry for your loss, always tough saying goodbye to your best friend and side kick. We lost one of our 3 approx 4 years ago and had to put down the wife's baby 2 years ago, a very sad day. Now we're left with our youngest which we got as a pup. A good friend painted us or more so her a picture of her boxer which she received on boxing day which she will have forever. Our lab Sadie who is still with us is awesome

Attachments

• image000000010.jpg
    image000000010.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Resized_image000000010.jpeg
    Resized_image000000010.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20150701_090826-1.jpg
    20150701_090826-1.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190406_171553.jpg
    20190406_171553.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 19
Very sad , my heart goes out for you
Our American cocker " Zina " died in her sleep year and a half ego , my wife find her on the carpet though she was sleeping at first , we felt like loosing a child , the house felt empty for weeks , every time I got home from work I missed her wonderful greetings I used to get
Looking at my wife's emotional distress I told her we have to get her a new "baby "
So we got Ruby a Hungarian Vizsla and the joy have returned with her
Still missing Zina but now it's more of the happy joyful memories
This is Ruby
20220717_172444.jpg

So sorry for your loss. It's so difficult after losing such a great companion. The thoughts and memories stay with us forever

I am so sorry Taz. I had to put my special boy down Christmas eve as well. Had him 12 years and it will probably take me that long to get over it. He was loved and had a very full life for a Bouvier. Take Care
Sorry for your loss DD. Same age.
Last night I was in emerg with chest pains and indigestion. All cleared after 5hrs.
Today I went out to pick up hay for my daughters hay burners. The farm dog where she gets the hay normally comes charging with hair up on its hackles. Today I was greated by this lovable sheppard. Crazy how dog's know this crap.
Crazy human side of me is smelling his blankets and touching his bed. Waiting for some kind of sign.
Condolences and hope you get your sign soon
Shawn

Back