Just a “heads-up” for Bronte boat ramp and parking

FlyingViking

Some Oakville snob who doesn’t appreciate motorized boats is slashing trailer-tires in the evening… heads up. 5 poor guys have paid the toll in the last week.

I haven’t seen any increase in security presence. Keep a spare handy in the truck I would suggest

Some earth group has been deflating tires on SUV's in the KW area. Wonder if this could been a new theme?

Fished bronte last night in my kayak. Eff all going on. Went out to 45fow and didn’t mark much if anything at all. Didn’t see anything caught off the piers and maybe heard 1-2 fish jump. A guy coming in when I was going out said they were smashing them in 25-30fow the night before. at least my tires weren’t slashed when I got back.

Yea, buddy runs Osprey charters… “dead and deader”…

I spoke with Oakville police and they have started to do semi-regular patrols of the parking lot.

I wonder if "twirling earth mother" bits would make good bait? If I were to actually catch one of the slashers, I would post a report.;)

It happened to me. I thought it was an accident. Now that I know someone is breaking them on purpose upsets me This was Saturday afternoon when I got back from fishing. I got it fixed.

Attachments

• CC1CF767-DDC7-437C-A12E-5D7E54E72E31.jpeg
    CC1CF767-DDC7-437C-A12E-5D7E54E72E31.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 087D18EF-2F1A-4002-AA50-497C16966B9C.jpeg
    087D18EF-2F1A-4002-AA50-497C16966B9C.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 126
  • F579DC8C-FE6B-4F45-86A1-5B6EFF21810C.jpeg
    F579DC8C-FE6B-4F45-86A1-5B6EFF21810C.jpeg
    426.7 KB · Views: 125
The bracket was too bent for just a hit and run. Looks like a sledge hammer was used to bend they steel that far back.

Have to start setting trail camera up around the boat and truck trailer while out fishing there

Bronte has been a shit show for 30 years. there are better places to go with better parking, flat tires and broken headlights that's nothing new there. I have actually seen wiring for trailer cut

Bronte has been a shit show for 30 years. there are better places to go with better parking, flat tires and broken headlights that's nothing new there. I have actually seen wiring for trailer cut
whats the deal then? someone that lives close by not like people fishing?? disgruntled ramp users ??

Happening for many years is right and the suspected deal years ago was the group of sail boaters in bronte harbour that hate fisherman and don't want them there. You have to remember its Oakville where they passed bylaws so you can't even fish the river in the park. Not sure if it's as bad as it used to be but they for sure used to play games out on the open water seeing how close they could go past fishing boats cutting off lines, hitting downrigger arms, etc. Police were involved many, many times but not very often charges laid. It was so blatant you could change course over and over to try stay away from them and they'd adjust course to keep coming at you.

Oakville doesn’t want fisherman there. Oakville is for the rich snobby people not grubby fishermen.

Back