Stay at home rules??

DaveJ

3 of us have a Detroit river charter booked in 2 weeks. Can we travel together in the same truck? Can we fish "with friends" vs being on a charter? Will I go to prison??

Some of the charters on the D have shut down,, others haven’t. I’ve got a feeling they are going to shut the ramps down there again. they had cement blocks sitting at a couple of them last night.. they weren’t placed in front of the ramps at that time.

Blatant disregard for human life!
tisk tisk tisk

rules state 5 people outdoors for permitted activities, with masks and social distancing

00FD4D90-F7AB-421A-AF11-308278458AF8.png9CED6384-936F-427F-BAEA-75553EACA805.png

@DaveJ dawned on me sarcasm may not be so easily detected in that message

I try to slip it in.
Fishing is a religious activity..I belong to the Church of The Holy Walleye and we would be praying to the Walleye Gods the entire time so we're good...

Attachments

• fish pray.jpg
    fish pray.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 18
I’m beyond sick of this nonsense The federal liberal government has fucked this is up so badly we’re like 55th in the world in vaccinations given yet we continue to get locked down and they make us feel like it’s are fault for
“not following the rules”
While other countries are returning to normal complete bull shit spring is here time to fish and hunt some gobblers I’m not even gonna check if I’m “allowed”

The charters are 100% shut down on our side when the 'emergency brake' went into effect last week and remain so under the lockdown. As far as going fishing with friends, who really knows...whether it's illegal or not? If the ramps are open, people will be there.

Here's the link to the section that includes the guide services being forced to close & I know the guides I fish with are definitely shut down again:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/enhanci...rkplace-safety-measures-provincewide-shutdown

1617896771153.png

Last edited:
This is what I know.

1. The fines are more than I can afford.
  2. I still don't own a boat, so for me to go means going to the pier.
  3. Last I heard the pier gate was still across the end of the pier saying it was closed
  4. Last year the locals in Pt Bruce many times called the OPP for people being on the beach or pier when they were closed.
  5. I can't get an answer from the township as to whether or when they are going to open the pier.
  6. I don't have the gas to go fishing right now anyways.
  7. I still have several honey do lists to get done that have been added to since the announcement yesterday
  8. I'm extending my hibernation until at least May now because of all the above 😢
  9. I got through this last year and still managed to have a better than expected year, I'll get through it again this year, but that doesn't mean I like it.🙂

So you told not to leave your house other than essential, but than no law preventing you from travel anywhere in Canada
I just keep a copy of this on my phone if I get questioned about it

This is what I know.

1. The fines are more than I can afford.
  2. I still don't own a boat, so for me to go means going to the pier.
  3. Last I heard the pier gate was still across the end of the pier saying it was closed
  4. Last year the locals in Pt Bruce many times called the OPP for people being on the beach or pier when they were closed.
  5. I can't get an answer from the township as to whether or when they are going to open the pier.
  6. I don't have the gas to go fishing right now anyways.
  7. I still have several honey do lists to get done that have been added to since the announcement yesterday
  8. I'm extending my hibernation until at least May now because of all the above 😢
  9. I got through this last year and still managed to have a better than expected year, I'll get through it again this year, but that doesn't mean I like it.🙂
Was that a complete list @Trevor M ?

Back