Getting out again

gibby123

Winds look bad for fishing for at least a week. Remnants of the hurricanes? Lake will turn over . What’s your thoughts on ifwe will get decent fishing after winds settle down. I never got out much this year and would sure enjoy a couple more trips. When i did get out fishing wa

I'm not giving up just yet, I'd like a couple more trips, but this weekend is a disaster, especially Monday.

Might be worth the trip down just to see what kind of waves winds that strong produce.

I "have" to get out again, I have some testing and experimenting to do. LOL

Direct from the manufacturer. :)

nwlrs.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not giving up just yet, I'd like a couple more trips, but this weekend is a disaster, especially Monday.

Might be worth the trip down just to see what kind of waves winds that strong produce.

I "have" to get out again, I have some testing and experimenting to do. LOL

Direct from the manufacturer. :)

View attachment 26518

Those look great and I love the action of the super slims!
I wonder what your experience with the finish is though re: paint and stickers?
I have a few of the dreamweavers and NKs where the paint has separated completely, or the paint is badly chipped or stickers that are coming unglued at the front or just falling off completely... basically dragging a table spoon around would have more action. I have recently switched over the GLS and thus far have not had any issues like noted above... now if I could just get out on the water .... these winds are killing me (and I am also a kitesurfer!) For me to complain about wind takes a lot.

P.S. Great Lakes Spoons is a Canadian company

I have migrated to SSs as they are putting more fish (one model) in the boat than any other shaped/make spoon as of late.

Their finish is fragile, as are a lot of spoon manufacturers, and it doesn't take very long to see some of bare metal, but even the most beat up versions are still putting fish in the boat.

Once they stop catching...... they are history. LOL

These, direct from the manufacturer aren't exactly the same as ones I already have in my box, ( sticker eyes) but both versions appear to produce fish. If the originals perform better, I'll add the details these new ones don't have.

I have some GLS, tried to match as close to the specific hot SS as possible, sorry to say, as good as they are, they didn't meet the SS count.

A variety of makes and colours start every trip, the producers stay in, and more of them get added, and the non producers get dried off and back into the box they go.

Last edited:
I have migrated to SSs as they are putting more fish (one model) in the boat than any other shaped/make spoon as of late.

Their finish is fragile, as are a lot of spoon manufacturers, and it doesn't take very long to see some of bare metal, but even the most beat up versions are still putting fish in the boat.

Once they stop catching...... they are history. LOL

These, direct from the manufacturer aren't exactly the same as ones I already have in my box, ( sticker eyes) but both versions appear to produce fish. If the originals perform better, I'll add the details these new ones don't have.

I have some GLS, tried to match as close to the specific hot SS as possible, sorry to say, as good as they are, they didn't meet the SS count.

A variety of makes and colours start every trip, the producers stay in, and more of them get added, and the non producers get dried off and back into the box they go.
I have had several 2 and 3 man limits this year using nothing but great lakes spoons Cooper back only. Usually in about 2 hours. If the SS is hotter than that not sure i could handle any more chaos lol

I have had several 2 and 3 man limits this year using nothing but great lakes spoons Cooper back only. Usually in about 2 hours. If the SS is hotter than that not sure i could handle any more chaos lol

Side by side, or one in front of the other, every boat's methods differ and are or aren't successful.

I don't bother with RRFs anymore, a complete waste of time on my boat. Others are filling limits with them.

Go figure.

Just go fishing LOL

I think mid sept winds will settle, unless of course another tropical system starts pushing upwards
Even if it doesn’t directly hit southern Ontario
It still pushes up and affects climate up here

Winds look bad for fishing for at least a week. Remnants of the hurricanes? Lake will turn over . What’s your thoughts on ifwe will get decent fishing after winds settle down. I never got out much this year and would sure enjoy a couple more trips. When i did get out fishing wa
The remnants of the hurricane are long gone now gibby and there isn't another making landfall in the US that would impact us anytime soon. TS Omar formed off the east coast of the US and it's heading east, out to sea, and TS Nana formed in the Caribbean and is heading west and will make landfall in Belize as a low end cat 1 they're saying, and it'll just keep going west and re-emerge in the eastern Pacific as a post tropical depression. Anything else they're watching right now is still way out in the Atlantic or just coming off the west coast of Africa.

We're just getting good ole Canadian early fall weather. According to the sites I look at, which of course are all saying something different (IF they get it right which has been an adventure in frustration this year because more often than not they haven't) we should be getting some decent fishing winds by the weekend. Tomorrow doesn't look ideal, but it doesn't look too bad either until approx 5pm. Friday looks a little better and the weekend looks good. Yes the lake will have a bump to it so the question is how big is your boat and how comfortable are you to take it out when the lake is less than ideal and is "a little bit bumpy?" Providing the fish cooperate, you can still put fish in the boat when the lake is "a little bit bumpy" it's just a little harder to do. Don't give up yet.

Remember, the only guarantee in fishing is if you don't put a line in the water, you're guaranteed not to catch anything, (but you still could go buy it.)

The end is near gentlemen. The fish aren’t going anywhere for a bit with the bellies I’ve seen, but September is always a wild card for fishing. Unstable weather is the norm.

The lake can’t get any more turned up as it is now anyways. Hope and pray for a window you can get out on and giver because there isn’t much time left.

Watch for the north winds to show up and that’s the end. Some leaves are changing and birds are herding up for migration, monarchs butterflies are heading south. I’m already looking at my ice gear tbh, and still need to put the boat to bed. As famously quoted by Rick James - Cocaine is a hell of a drug lol

Looking to get out at least 2 more times. And I’ll say that again if the weather improves.

The remnants of the hurricane are long gone now gibby and there isn't another making landfall in the US that would impact us anytime soon. TS Omar formed off the east coast of the US and it's heading east, out to sea, and TS Nana formed in the Caribbean and is heading west and will make landfall in Belize as a low end cat 1 they're saying, and it'll just keep going west and re-emerge in the eastern Pacific as a post tropical depression. Anything else they're watching right now is still way out in the Atlantic or just coming off the west coast of Africa.

We're just getting good ole Canadian early fall weather. According to the sites I look at, which of course are all saying something different (IF they get it right which has been an adventure in frustration this year because more often than not they haven't) we should be getting some decent fishing winds by the weekend. Tomorrow doesn't look ideal, but it doesn't look too bad either until approx 5pm. Friday looks a little better and the weekend looks good. Yes the lake will have a bump to it so the question is how big is your boat and how comfortable are you to take it out when the lake is less than ideal and is "a little bit bumpy?" Providing the fish cooperate, you can still put fish in the boat when the lake is "a little bit bumpy" it's just a little harder to do. Don't give up yet.

Remember, the only guarantee in fishing is if you don't put a line in the water, you're guaranteed not to catch anything, (but you still could go buy it.)
Trevor. Don’t really have a problem with the waves more my aches after bouncing around. Boat is a 2101 w/a striper handles waves well Wont be giving up just hoping for a couple more trips this year. Thanks

Yup, the wind forecast does not look great. I am thinking of pulling the boat out, getting it serviced and cleaned hoping I get the call from the orthopedic surgeon and get this hip done

Yup, the wind forecast does not look great. I am thinking of pulling the boat out, getting it serviced and cleaned hoping I get the call from the orthopedic surgeon and get this hip done
Yeah I'm also waiting for a knee replacement but this Covid thing has all surgeries pushed back several months. If there's another spike this fall who knows when after that. Not fun waiting when you're hurting that's for sure. 😬

Yeah I'm also waiting for a knee replacement but this Covid thing has all surgeries pushed back several months. If there's another spike this fall who knows when after that. Not fun waiting when you're hurting that's for sure. 😬
And if you’re waiting for surgery and in pain or worst case scenario die while waiting they will have you or your family believe by not having your surgery that you are saving lives. :rolleyes:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks