Duncan Lake....Gowganda area

Bigfoot

Trip planned for June if the Corona ban gets lifted. Any inside info for a newcomer to the lake. Thanks guys

Hey bigfoot

Spent a fair bit of time on both, I never had a ton of luck on Gowganda but still love it, but Ducan has been one of the best small mouth fishing spots I've ever been to. We have such good luck with the bass there we never even tried for anything else. Early June topwater is insane, a purple jitterbug has always been our lure of choice. We only ever go up the lake past the cottage on the island and run the shore line. If possible cast right on shore and pull into the water, the bass usually hit it within a foot of shore. Stick to the shady side of the the lake, and watch for chasers. We found that one guy hooked up and almost always another bass or pike would follow it in and we could cast behind and pick it up too. When the bass are hitting it's like every 10 feet of shore line has a 4+ pounder.

Hey bigfoot

Spent a fair bit of time on both, I never had a ton of luck on Gowganda but still love it, but Ducan has been one of the best small mouth fishing spots I've ever been to. We have such good luck with the bass there we never even tried for anything else. Early June topwater is insane, a purple jitterbug has always been our lure of choice. We only ever go up the lake past the cottage on the island and run the shore line. If possible cast right on shore and pull into the water, the bass usually hit it within a foot of shore. Stick to the shady side of the the lake, and watch for chasers. We found that one guy hooked up and almost always another bass or pike would follow it in and we could cast behind and pick it up too. When the bass are hitting it's like every 10 feet of shore line has a 4+ pounder.

Thanks ELGuapo….excellent intel. When you pass the cottage in the narrows you can go left to the falls or stay to the right and go on to Duncan Lake Camp and further. I take it you stay to the right. I've read the lake is really good for big "eyes' as well. I can taste a good feed of pickerel! Info much appreciated

@Bigfoot I just returned from Gowganda last nite... fishing on Gowganda lake was awesome,,, limited with pickerel twice, lots of bass, catfish only 1 pike, had 2 fish fries and we brought fish home... Gowganda Lake Lodge is closed to renters but the store is open Friday 9am to noon and Monday 9am to noon,, so if you need booze or bait see Jazelle...check my post later..

Good to hear poconokidll, unfortunately we had to call off our trip. No cabins available thanks to Covid. Trying to put a summer trip together. Look forward to your post with more details.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks