Off Topic-Corona virus discussion, Tim's over 55 daily morning perv club results?

can't miss

What a range of opinions?
Those worried about their wallets, this is all bullshit and insist the yrly flue is far worse.
Those taking some precautions, some extra food and T paper, filling prescriptions, not travelling and shying away from large group gatherings. ( except for morning mens over 55 coffee meetings, were all world problems are solved).
Those prepping and digging in for the " walking dead scenario", setting up perimeter and burying their gold?
Sure there must be some opinions here?

Well... I happen to work in the healthcare world as I work for a company that sells the worlds number 1 hard surface disinfectant. To say we are a little busy now would be a big understatement. While they are saying the risk is still low in Canada we have almost double the number of cases we had in one week, Canada reported it's first death today in BC, yes it was an elderly person with other complications. I don't think we need to be afraid but rather take simple precautions to help keep yourself safe. Use hand sanitizer, wash your hands frequently, keep high touch surfaces clean and disinfected. Big one is disinfect your cell phones, data showing that the virus can live up to 9 days on a surface on a smooth surface such as the screen on a phone.
The virus is starting to mutate the last I read there are now 2 strains of the virus. As I am sure you have read many conferences have been postponed due to the outbreak and for good reason as this is still an emerging pathogen it is not completely clear on how is transmits between people.
Big take away is to protect yourselves and your environment.
Stay Safe!
RT

I would not be surprised at all if it's been circulating for a while in Londontown. I am around people who have been dreadfully ill. And yep, some of them come to a group gathering coughing their heads off after having just recovered from a 3-day fever. Now, this could be plain old influenza, but I doubt any were checked for COVID-19, so it makes you wonder. I'm not too fussed about it. Stick a couple of 6-8 stickers on the urn...?:dead:

The issue I have with "the flu kills more" is covid-19 hasn't hit the numbers influenza has for infections. However the death % is higher with covid-19. If infection hits the levels of flu, coronavirus will most definitely kill more people than influenza. The fear is in the unknown right now.

My wife works for a laboratory that works directly with samples provided for medical investigation and has had many covid-19 tests come her way. Her lab has now decided to turn away any patient who has traveled to any of the risk countries atm, doesnt matter if affected or not by corona. The media is doing a great job in creating a global panic. I am more worried about the economy than I am about getting sick.

The issue I have with "the flu kills more" is covid-19 hasn't hit the numbers influenza has for infections. However the death % is higher with covid-19. If infection hits the levels of flu, coronavirus will most definitely kill more people than influenza. The fear is in the unknown right now.

My wife works for a laboratory that works directly with samples provided for medical investigation and has had many covid-19 tests come her way. Her lab has now decided to turn away any patient who has traveled to any of the risk countries atm, doesnt matter if affected or not by corona. The media is doing a great job in creating a global panic. I am more worried about the economy than I am about getting sick.

I agree the flu has a .8% mortality rate while COVID-19 is tracking at 3.8%, still less then SARS but at only 8000 infections with SARS, COVID-19 is much easier to transmit between people therefore causing a higher risk. Last check almost a 119 thousand people have been infected (that we know of)

Stay Safe

RT

1. What is COVID-19?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. They can cause diseases ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV). Some transmit easily from person to person while others do not. COVID-19 is a new disease that has not been previously identified in humans.

China determined that a novel coronavirus (referred to as COVID-19) is responsible for the outbreak of pneumonia in Wuhan. Authorities in China and worldwide are conducting further investigations to better understand where the disease came from, how it is spread and the clinical severity of illness in humans.

2. What are the symptoms?
Those with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu. Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19.
Symptoms have included:
  • fever
  • cough
  • difficulty breathing
  • pneumonia in both lungs
  • In severe cases, infection can lead to death.
Questions 3,4,5 and 6 address vaccine, which currently there isn't one, as well as travel advisories, and that there is currently no specific treatment for the illness but that in general, like most illnesses of this kind, once you get it, and your immune system goes to work and does what it's supposed to do, once you've recovered, and most will, you will have gained an immunity to this illness.

7. How does COVID-19 spread?
Human coronaviruses cause infections of the nose, throat and lungs. They are most commonly spread from an infected person through:
  • respiratory droplets that are spread when you cough or sneeze
  • close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
  • touching something with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands
8. What is the incubation period of COVID-19?
Current information indicates that symptoms may present themselves up to 14 days after exposure to COVID-19.

SOOOOO, from what this information from the Gov't is telling me, I've come to the conclusion that this is a new mutation of something that's been around for a very long time and it's right up there with SARS, HIV and other diseases that when they first came out, in part due to the media coverage, and in part because there is so much uncertainty about it, and there currently isn't any known specific treatment, nor a vaccine or cure for it, EVERYONE panicked. But to put it in very simple terms, whatever this virus is, it causes a very severe form of pneumonia, and we all know, any form of pneumonia, can kill you.

I've also read that they're saying that children with no pre-existing conditions will almost certainly survive IF they contract this illness because their immune systems are already generally fighting many different things on a daily basis to begin with, as will most healthy adults who come down with it, but for senior citizens and or those with pre-existing illnesses regardless their age, the risks are greater. (that by the way is no different than what they generally tell us when it comes to most health issues.)

What do I really think tho? Pretty simple really. If you, your spouse, your friends work in any field where you have or are required to have significant interactions with other people, (which is pretty much every profession out there) odds are you're going to catch something every now and then, or you're going to bring something home and share it with everyone in your immediate household as well as anyone you may come in contact with. The chances of that happening is doubled if you have kids at home in school still because let's face it, while we all love our children, we all also know they aren't exactly the most sanitary of creatures on this planet and despite the best efforts of the schools and other public places we may send or take our children, neither are those public places exactly sanitary. (sure things have been sanitized and wiped down repeatedly, but the minute someone else touches it, or something airborne comes into contact with that wiped and sanitized surface, its become contaminated and is no longer considered sanitized. Sorry but that's reality folks.)

This thing is a virus, and what do they always tell you when you have a cold? "It's a virus. Nothing really we can do about it. Antibiotics won't work right now. Take lots of fluids, get lots of rest, and let it runs its course. You should feel better in 7-10 days. If you don't feel better in 2 weeks or your condition gets worse, come back and we'll take another look." Makes you wonder if they really know anything at all sometimes doesn't it?

So, in the meantime, do exactly what they're telling us to do. Wash your hands. A lot. If you don't need to attend a large gathering of people, DON'T. IF you're sick, stay home. If you're REALLY sick, contact your doctors office or a hospital and let them know your symptoms and they'll tell you whether you need to see your family doctor, or that you need to get yer butt to the hospital right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife and I are still leaving for our cruise Friday. We have checked our insurance coverage, all is good should we end up ill or quarantined. We have thought of cancelling, but reviewing the numbers, our chances are very slim of being infected.

1. What is COVID-19?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. They can cause diseases ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV). Some transmit easily from person to person while others do not. COVID-19 is a new disease that has not been previously identified in humans.

China determined that a novel coronavirus (referred to as COVID-19) is responsible for the outbreak of pneumonia in Wuhan. Authorities in China and worldwide are conducting further investigations to better understand where the disease came from, how it is spread and the clinical severity of illness in humans.

2. What are the symptoms?
Those with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu. Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19.
Symptoms have included:
  • fever
  • cough
  • difficulty breathing
  • pneumonia in both lungs
  • In severe cases, infection can lead to death.
Questions 3,4,5 and 6 address vaccine, which currently there isn't one, as well as travel advisories, and that there is currently no specific treatment for the illness but that in general, like most illnesses of this kind, once you get it, and your immune system goes to work and does what it's supposed to do, once you've recovered, and most will, you will have gained an immunity to this illness.

7. How does COVID-19 spread?
Human coronaviruses cause infections of the nose, throat and lungs. They are most commonly spread from an infected person through:
  • respiratory droplets that are spread when you cough or sneeze
  • close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
  • touching something with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands
8. What is the incubation period of COVID-19?
Current information indicates that symptoms may present themselves up to 14 days after exposure to COVID-19.

SOOOOO, from what this information from the Gov't is telling me, I've come to the conclusion that this is a new mutation of something that's been around for a very long time and it's right up there with SARS, HIV and other diseases that when they first came out, in part due to the media coverage, and in part because there is so much uncertainty about it, and there currently isn't any known specific treatment, nor a vaccine or cure for it, EVERYONE panicked. But to put it in very simple terms, whatever this virus is, it causes a very severe form of pneumonia, and we all know, any form of pneumonia, can kill you.

I've also read that they're saying that children with no pre-existing conditions will almost certainly survive IF they contract this illness because their immune systems are already generally fighting many different things on a daily basis to begin with, as will most healthy adults who come down with it, but for senior citizens and or those with pre-existing illnesses regardless their age, the risks are greater. (that by the way is no different than what they generally tell us when it comes to most health issues.)

What do I really think tho? Pretty simple really. If you, your spouse, your friends work in any field where you have or are required to have significant interactions with other people, (which is pretty much every profession out there) odds are you're going to catch something every now and then, or you're going to bring something home and share it with everyone in your immediate household as well as anyone you may come in contact with. The chances of that happening is doubled if you have kids at home in school still because let's face it, while we all love our children, we all also know they aren't exactly the most sanitary of creatures on this planet and despite the best efforts of the schools and other public places we may send or take our children, neither are those public places exactly sanitary. (sure things have been sanitized and wiped down repeatedly, but the minute someone else touches it, or something airborne comes into contact with that wiped and sanitized surface, its become contaminated and is no longer considered sanitized. Sorry but that's reality folks.)

This thing is a virus, and what do they always tell you when you have a cold? "It's a virus. Nothing really we can do about it. Antibiotics won't work right now. Take lots of fluids, get lots of rest, and let it runs its course. You should feel better in 7-10 days. If you don't feel better in 2 weeks or your condition gets worse, come back and we'll take another look." Makes you wonder if they really know anything at all sometimes doesn't it?

So, in the meantime, do exactly what they're telling us to do. Wash your hands. A lot. If you don't need to attend a large gathering of people, DON'T. IF you're sick, stay home. If you're REALLY sick, contact your doctors office or a hospital and let them know your symptoms and they'll tell you whether you need to see your family doctor, or that you need to get yer butt to the hospital right away.
Hmmm I only have one comment
I never believe what the government says
Specially this one

I'm going out on a limb and try and explain why that info from the government is wrong.

The virus that is circulating around is not called covid-19. It is called SARS-COV-2.

The diesese that this virus causes is called COVID-19.

If they can't even explain the illness correctly how can I trust them when they tell me I don't need to stock up on toilet paper and bottled water?

What is very interesting is the lack of media attention this is getting..... this virus is almost an exact copy of the 2003 sars outbreak with the exception of 2 genetic differences, which is what's making it more difficult to vaccinate. This is literally SARS 2.0 with a stronger more determined strain.

Last edited:
Best Methods For Staying Safe From Coronavirus

Frequently wash your hands with antibacterial soap or sanitizer to ensure the next epidemic-level pathogen has built up an immunity.

Make sure any bat or pangolin meat you cook reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit in order to kill all bacteria.

Keep calm by remembering that the U.S. pharmaceutical industry is working around the clock to find the most profitable vaccine.

Become an epidemiologist by earning your doctorate of public health (DrPH). Johns Hopkins has the best program for sure, but also maybe consider applying to Drexel as a safety school? It’s not that we don’t think you’ll get into Hopkins, it’s just, you know, always smart to have options. Philly’s actually supposed to be a pretty cool city.

If you believe you’ve contracted the disease, ask your employer about dying-from-home options.

Limit the amount of people your germs could potentially spread to by sneezing directly into the mouth of the person nearest to you.

Be sure to isolate any sick family members in a separate room to ensure a clean head-shot.

We hear good things about turmeric, so maybe give that a shot.

Remove any infected blood that may be running through your circulatory system.

Be vigilant if traveling on a commercial airline. If you believe a passenger may be infected, be prepared to rush the cockpit and crash the plane to save America.

Has anyone else noticed how the media is downplaying the mortality rate to slow down panic? It is not the 2-3% that most are reporting, the actual death rate is 6% as you need to look at final outcome cases of recovered/deaths.

Canadian officials are now estimating that 30-70% of Canadians will get infected.

Population = 37,000,000
Estimate = 11,100,000 - 25,900,000
Deaths = 660,000 - 1,554,000

Even if you cut the death rate to 2%, estimates are predicting at least 220,000 Canadians will die if a vaccinne/cure isn't discovered before Covid19 sweeps across the country.

The sad (read very stupid) part of all this is some people are still choosing international travel despite outright bans and serious warnings against it. It's these fools who're helping the virus spread country to country and there should be a worldwide stoppage of international travel.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks