Stained Clothing...

jammer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I have ruined so many nice shirts with fish blood and slime... Have tried just about all the stain removers... Tips??

Go to Value Village and buy some gently used shirts. The money you save on stain removers will pay for the shirts.
And you'll have your nice shirts hanging in the closet,, stain free.

Wear red shirts? I always wear old tees already stained. LOL! I asked my wife who is a long time expert at getting out stains on my shirts but says nothing she knows of will get dried blood out of a white shirt. If rinsed immediately after contact you may have a chance but once dried forget it she's tried every stain remover known to man. :)

@stomp… When Mrs. Stomp says soak in cold water immediately is that immediately after the fish sprays blood on the shirt or immediately after arriving home wearing a bloodied shirt?

It's a serious question not trying to be smart. If this method indeed works when tried we will have to crown Mrs. Stomp "Queen of stain" because blood is a tough stain for sure.

@stomp… When Mrs. Stomp says soak in cold water immediately is that immediately after the fish sprays blood on the shirt or immediately after arriving home wearing a bloodied shirt?

It's a serious question not trying to be smart. If this method indeed works when tried we will have to crown Mrs. Stomp "Queen of stain" because blood is a tough stain for sure.
ASAP @Wave Runner (and your suggested title for the Mrs. was not well received ??)

:oops::sorry: If one has been married for more than 5 minuets we should know women can be sensitive but it was truly meant as a praising gesture. Maybe "Mrs. Clean" would have been better wording.... or did I just dig myself deeper? :shame::)
To help ensure self-preservation, I've stopped relaying messages...

I have ruined so many nice shirts with fish blood and slime... Have tried just about all the stain removers... Tips??

Ummmm, you're doing it wrong. :LOL: I have NEVER had a bloodied or slimed t shirt from fishin or cleaning fish. I don't hold'em high enough or close enough to my shirt for that to happen........pants and shoes........that's a completely different story....I've had blood, slime, fish guts, fish crap, and every once in a while, especially in the spring, some fish have been VERY happy to see me and they've shown me exactly how happy they are......;) and on those days when the fish have decided for me that I need to do laundry as soon as I get home, after I've cleaned the fish, I change and hang those pants on the line in the yard put a little laundry soap, hose'em down with the garden hose, then wring them out well, and into the washing machine they go. Come out clean every time. If my shoes need to be washed, I'll hose them down too.....I have another pair I can wear til they dry.

As for blood stains. When I was a chef, I wore chef's whites. I got lots of blood on those and I always soaked them in pure white vinegar and bleach before I washed them, and they came out like new every time. Maybe try soaking your t shirts in pure white vinegar before you wash them. Might help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally use oxi clean baby, I have one pair if jean shorts that are stained, but all my shirts are good for now.
Rainbows are notorious for a bleeding mess.

Being a creek rat, mud, blood, slime and bug guts are the badges I wear proudly. When I get home from a good day my wife always looks at me and says "you stink, go away!" My response, " Honey, that is the sweet smell of success." Ah, it's a good life. C'mon Autumn rains!

This

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/107282/cabelas-guidewear-mens-angler-crew-long-sleeve-shirt

173874-227205

stains blend right in, cool and UV covered

Also, hydrogen peroxide will lift out blood and organic stains, best for whites, could bleach other colors

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks